1st time valve check..help!

4 replies to this topic
  • 636sean

Posted April 24, 2005 - 12:49 PM

Hi, I'm about to attempt to check the valve clearances on my recently acquired 04 Wr450. I'm not the best mechanic! but willing and keen to learn.
Can someone list what i need to remove and in what order??
cheers :naughty:

• cruise

Posted April 24, 2005 - 05:32 PM

Check your manual if you don't have one try a search for it :naughty:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Indy_WR450

Posted April 25, 2005 - 03:55 AM

Well written article will help you along with your manual. :naughty:

http://www.thumperfaq.com/valves.htm

• kirkw

Posted April 25, 2005 - 04:47 PM

Just a tip. After you remove your gas tank, wrap the frame and all of the wires, etc. just above the engine in saran wrap. It keeps the unseen bits of this and that from falling into the open head as you inevitably bump them while working. Its intimidating the first time, but go slow and it gets easier each time.

• Bamster

Posted April 26, 2005 - 04:36 AM

If you have to put new shims in ,place a rag in the cam chain cavity so you don't drop pieces in it. :naughty:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.