Advice needed for newbie

4 replies to this topic
  • Guest_Guest_*

Posted November 08, 2000 - 05:42 AM

I'm thinking of getting an fmf powercore iv silencer.

Anyone got any advice to wether this is a good buy in terms of power gains, ease of setting up, recommended jetting, quality of product (finish) etc..

by the way---- this is a GREAT site

• Bill

Posted November 08, 2000 - 09:02 AM

Do a search using FMF or powercore. You should get a ton of info good points, bad points and jetting info.

Unless you want loud, I would advise making other mod's first. The hot parts seem to be a YZ seat and tank and/or a steering dampner. I think most of would have bought these first, if we had it to do over. IMHO.

You should search any topic you may have first. We have discussed anything and everything related to WR and YZf's.

Good luck and welcome!

Bill

------------------
86TT225, 98CR80, 99WR, WR timing, throttle stop trimmed, air box lid removed, White Bros head pipe, silencer and air filter. Odometer and headlight removed. Moose hand and mud guards. YZ stock tank and IMS seat. Renthal Jimmy Button "highs" and Renthal Soft half waffle grips. AMA, SETRA.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Guest_Guest_*

Posted November 08, 2000 - 09:38 AM

do you mean a www search or a search of this site?

If you mean a search of this site,... how do i do that?

• Taffy

Posted November 08, 2000 - 11:45 AM

go to the top of this screen & you will see 5 words in a line , tthe last of which says SEARCH.

Taffy

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted November 08, 2000 - 12:37 PM

Doh !!!

next time i'll use me eyes

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.