Remove rear shock????

5 replies to this topic
  • radish150

Posted April 23, 2005 - 05:34 PM

Ok, how hard is it to remove the rear shock on my 99? It's leaking oil, I wanna take it back to the states for a rebuild in may... maybe some tweaking. Sorry, still no manual.

Mark Sheldon :naughty:

• jasv11

Posted April 23, 2005 - 07:23 PM

I beleive you have to take the subframe off first to get at the shock

• gregwr450f

Posted April 24, 2005 - 03:22 AM

Seat, rear guard, subframe.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • doctorchopper

Posted April 24, 2005 - 06:02 AM

simple to do, just have to put bike on a stand, take off the seat, sidepanels and subframe. There is only two bolts holding the shock on, you should probably take the linkage off and re grease the bearings while the shock is off, its a simple job to do, there is 2 plugs in the swingarm, remove them and take the bolt out.

• Bamster

Posted April 24, 2005 - 07:07 AM

If you take the linkage off make sure you loosen the bolt under the plugs in the swing arm FIRST. If not the swing will move up every time you try to loosen the nut.

• radish150

Posted April 24, 2005 - 07:50 AM

Thanx ya'll

Mark...

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.