Kritters' beefier footpeg arm install

5 replies to this topic
  • needsprayer

Posted April 23, 2005 - 05:02 PM

Installing Kritters' modified footpeg arm.

New beefier footpeg arm

After drilling I filed down the frame weld
Filing weld to make space for a washer

Tapping in the stock shim

Finished job frame view

NP says

• KeithBoyd

Posted April 24, 2005 - 12:13 AM

Sure looks the job!!!....he needs a Eurpoean distributor!!!!....

• frankstr

Posted April 24, 2005 - 05:12 AM

Nice job.... :naughty:
LMAO on the last pic............... :naughty:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Kritter

Posted April 24, 2005 - 04:53 PM

the boss that you filed down appears hammered maybe its just the picture. Did the peg fit snug before bolting it? It should take a little effort to get the washer behind it on the back side...shoudnt need to be grinded though. I will double check my fixture.

Glad you like it. That new front bolt has some special coating too that shouldnt rust like black oxide does.

• needsprayer

Posted April 24, 2005 - 05:45 PM

Kritter,

The boss was not hammered. The boss was either uneven or I was drilling slightly downward or both. There was some space between the bracket and boss up top but none at the bottom to allow for the washer to be inserted. A little filing is all it took. The peg arm bracket fit so snugly that I had to tap the stock shim in with a small hammer. All in all a very easy job.

thanks
NP

• Kritter

Posted April 25, 2005 - 06:29 AM

Gotcha...just wanted to make sure you werent doing any extra work.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.