California guys - What was your otd price on your 05 WR450?

11 replies to this topic
  • RC81

Posted April 22, 2005 - 01:02 PM

Am going shopping and was wondering what a good price is. Since $6599 is the list could I expect to get out the door on this price (tax, delivery, prep)? Thanks. Also what S.F. Bay Area dealers would you recommend to do business with?

• DesertWR

Posted April 22, 2005 - 01:13 PM

Am going shopping and was wondering what a good price is. Since $6599 is the list could I expect to get out the door on this price (tax, delivery, prep)? Thanks. Also what S.F. Bay Area dealers would you recommend to do business with?

With pipe, mods & jetting-$7300.00

• BNutZ

Posted April 22, 2005 - 01:29 PM

I'm in Fresno... no one around here would work w/ me in terms of negotiating a "deal"... plus, the only shop that even had or could order one in a timely manner (Clawson Honda) wanted $7100 otd (Feb. 2005). I ended up going down to Mission Viejo (Mission Motorsports) to purchase my WR --- $ 6599.50 OTD. Well worth the Saturday drive w/ my father and the $50 dollars in gasoline to save $500 dollars... :naughty:

If I could get my eratic/high idle problem solved (rpm's fluctuate/stay up once the bike is warm... ) I'd be a pretty happy camper... I've done the free mods and installed the AIS removal... going to jet this weekend... hopefully that resolves my issues.

R/Brandon

• WGP

Posted April 22, 2005 - 01:33 PM

Paid 6800 OTD, Quincy, CA, Mods are free, Skid Plate 80$,Handguards 80$, Jet Kit 80$, Killer Brand New Bike for under 7K.
Although it looks 5 years old now with 450 hard miles on it. :naughty:

• Dan_Lorenze

Posted April 22, 2005 - 02:18 PM

6673.00 jetted and all free mods included except the removal of the AIS.

• Mike Grady

Posted April 22, 2005 - 02:32 PM

Bike, Boots Fox Pro, Pants Fox, Socks Thor, Helmet Thor, Chest Protector Fox, Jersey Fox, Thor Jacket, Gloves Fox, Goggles Scott, Joe Hauler 2" trailer hitch bike hauler with ramp, Tie Downs, Bike Stand Lift, Extra Oil and Air Filter, Plug, two tubes, tire irons, Camel Back, Chain Lube, Air Filter Cleaning kit, Master Link, Moto Wash, Knee and Elbow Pads SixOne. OTD $8,400.00 Del Amo Motor Sports Redondo Beach. They were great!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • SANG

Posted April 22, 2005 - 03:21 PM

www.sierrayamaha.com check them out 6399.00 otd!

• CharlesFP

Posted April 22, 2005 - 04:09 PM

7200 OTD with a 2 year extended warranty. They are selling for cheaper now, but I got mine before the Honda 450X came out.

• Seabass

Posted April 22, 2005 - 07:04 PM

6800 OTD. Berts, abd thet wouldn't do any mods for free. Try LA Yamaha

• Chevy_Cowboy

Posted April 23, 2005 - 12:51 AM

damn you california folks get higher prices on everything it seems.

I paid $5600.00 OTD for my 04 in southern IL, didnt even have to haggle with the dealer, I emailed for a price, he replied with 5600, I wrote him a check the next morning :naughty:

If I was on the west coast I think I'd seriously consider buying out of state and having it shipped, surely that'd be cheaper than some of the prices you guys are posting :naughty:

• shawnwt

Posted April 23, 2005 - 04:40 AM

I bought mine in early Dec. from Del Amo motorsports $6999 OTD..
I shopped around no one wanted to deal on a 05 at the time, even L.A. yamaha
so I bought it from Del Amo they treated me well and there are right around the corner.

• Dan_Lorenze

Posted April 23, 2005 - 07:23 AM

If I was on the west coast I think I'd seriously consider buying out of state and having it shipped, surely that'd be cheaper than some of the prices you guys are posting :naughty:

I've bought many bikes from Canada and couple from the midwest... The problem is when you finally register the bike in California you must pay taxes, in many states you can buy a bike without paying taxes, in CA it's a must.. I looked into over and over..... Shipping costs are another thing.. Once you add it up, the difference isnt worth all the logistics (for me).. It's just easier and faster to buy it from my local dealer down the street. And now that the WRs are green sticker there's less reasons to buy out of state. If the 05 were red sticker with a tagged VIN I would pay extra to have a non-CA WR with a clean VIN....

Different strokes for different folks.... To me it's not worth the hassle to save a few hundred dollars....

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.