What is the best oil?..Just Kidding..I changed from dino to rotella synthetic and wow

4 replies to this topic
  • adaguy

Posted April 22, 2005 - 11:46 AM

I have been running Dello 400 15-40 oil for a long time and decided to change to Rotella synthetic after seeing unusual wear on my cam.
I have 60 hours on my bike and I change my oil every other ride so I am very familiar with the color of the used oil and also how much metallic sludge is on my magnetic plug.
After switching I was surprised to find that the used Rotella synthetic oil still looked like the day I put it in and my magnetic plug had very little metallic sludge. When I ran the Dino oil I would always have a good amount of metallic sludge on the plug (a little less than a sixteenth of an inch build up) and also the oil would be very dark.
So what am I saying? Well, nothing scientific, just my personal observation.
I am not bashing "dino oil" just wanted to give you my real world view and experience.

• grayracer513

Posted April 22, 2005 - 01:37 PM

You do realize that Rotella is also a "diesel oil" (C* graded), don't you?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • YZ250F_Rider

Posted April 22, 2005 - 01:51 PM

Just a better one apparently. :naughty:

• Ga426owner

Posted April 22, 2005 - 02:46 PM

Greyracer - there always Caster Oil !!!! :naughty:

• grayracer513

Posted April 22, 2005 - 03:11 PM

Hey, castor is a damn good lubricant! That was all I used to run in my old British bikes. In several ways, it might be better than a lot of what we're all using now. But there's no multigrading it, it's pretty messy, and I don't think my clutch would like it very much. :naughty:

Just a better one apparently.

Indubitably :naughty:

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.