9 replies to this topic
  • MotoGoalie

Posted April 22, 2005 - 10:22 AM

http://www.thumperta...ad.php?t=246663

http://www.thumperta...ead.php?t=58162

Horrifying stories. :naughty:

• cortez450

Posted April 22, 2005 - 01:12 PM

It is nice to be riding BLUE!!!!! I friggin' love my bike. I have not had an ounce of problem with it!!! Knock on wood! :naughty:

• Ga426owner

Posted April 22, 2005 - 01:13 PM

- blue is a less maint bike period! Beware cam chains and the cam tensioner should also be changed over time on blue bikes :naughty:

That is going to be expensive to fix! :naughty:

• grayracer513

Posted April 22, 2005 - 01:26 PM

I don't know, I had to redo the head on my 250F already. It was only 4 years old and I'll bet it didn't have more than 450 hours on it. :naughty:

The post with the pictures on it looks like a timing problem, like a couple of the builders pointed out. It's too weird to have both exhausts snap off like that in one event.

I was thinking I'd do the 450 with SS valves to make it run longer, but It's gone 2 years without needing a valve adjustment, and this does sort of shake my faith in KW a little. Then again....

• biznet1

Posted April 22, 2005 - 02:29 PM

I don't know, I had to redo the head on my 250F already. It was only 4 years old and I'll bet it didn't have more than 450 hours on it. :naughty:

The post with the pictures on it looks like a timing problem, like a couple of the builders pointed out. It's too weird to have both exhausts snap off like that in one event.

I was thinking I'd do the 450 with SS valves to make it run longer, but It's gone 2 years without needing a valve adjustment, and this does sort of shake my faith in KW a little. Then again....

Yeah, my 00 426 really sucks. I've had to change the oil so many times I can't count it. Iv'e had to check my valve clearances several times too. It takes me TWO FULL CRANKS to start it when it's cold. I've had a few flat tires, and those grips tear up everytime I fall. Man, this thing is broke all the time! :naughty:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • cowboyona426

Posted April 22, 2005 - 09:43 PM

No complaints for me on my blue ride either. Mine's a pretty low time machine though.

• Satch0922

Posted April 23, 2005 - 05:50 AM

wow those pics of that CRF motor are scarey indeed. Never had one ounce of motor trouble with my YZF. Kirtwell had an 01 with well over 400 hours on it and never a problem....and some of you know how he rides.... WFO!!

• yz_for_me

Posted April 23, 2005 - 07:29 AM

I think if I rode red I'd always have a nagging fear in the back of my head that something like that was about to happen.

• MotoGoalie

Posted April 23, 2005 - 10:57 AM

I think if I rode red I'd always have a nagging fear in the back of my head that something like that was about to happen.

If I was a Honda rider riding more than 2 miles from the truck I'd always carry a pair of walking shoes with me. :naughty: You think Honda includes them in that little dorky tool bag when you buy a new one? :naughty:

• ONLY4STROKES

Posted April 23, 2005 - 11:21 AM

Ditto.

Related Content

Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.