Yamaha Blue Paint

6 replies to this topic
  • beasleys

Posted April 22, 2005 - 05:55 AM

Does anyone know where to pick up so Yamaha Blue Paint to touch up my frame before I put on some frame guards and skid plate.

• Dano426

Posted April 22, 2005 - 06:23 AM

PJ1 makes all of the frame paint colors. You can pick it up from almost any dealer or at www.rockymountainmc.com

I just painted my last week. Look very close to the original color

• twellis22

Posted April 22, 2005 - 07:41 AM

What steps do you take prior to laying down the first coat of paint (prime, sand,…..?).

03 450

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Dano426

Posted April 22, 2005 - 08:06 AM

I just used a scotts pad and then steel whool to clean up the rust and roughen up the painted area. Painted a small spot to test and it seem to sick well? I suppose a 800 to 1000 sand paper would also work

• new2blu

Posted April 22, 2005 - 06:24 PM

A company called Color-Rite makes touch up in spray cans and "felt" tip paint pens wih the correct color. It is called Yamaha Deep-Purpilish Blue----this is right off the paint pen.

• Satch0922

Posted April 23, 2005 - 05:57 AM

I used PJ1 on my 426 and it works great. The color is VERY close...no problems

• Chris_from_Oz

Posted April 23, 2005 - 07:05 AM

If you only needed to touch up minor chips in the paint, Triumph Motorcycles have a genuine paint pen (Sapphire Blue) that is unpickable from Yamaha YZ/WR frame paint. It is a Sprint ST colour from a couple of years ago. Any Triumph dealer should be able to help. They come in a twin pack, one paint pen is whatever colour you need, the other is a clear coat. :naughty:

Related Content

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  57 replies

yz400f throttle bog by yz400fmaniac

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  28 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.