When the bad guys are the good guys

2 replies to this topic
  • sirthumpalot

Posted April 22, 2005 - 03:56 AM

Talk about rock and a hard place... We all have a few names for the Sierra club, some of them are not fit for public use. And let me state that I'm a money contributing member of the Blue Ribbon Coalition (and everyone who rides should be as well!!). Where I live (S. FL), if you stand still too long in the woods, you'll find yourself under a condo. The rate of development is insane. The county wants to start a new bio-tech development (great!) but they want to ignore all the obviously good places in the city, and drop it on some farm land out west. Comissioners have personal vested interests in that land so any and all places that are better for the general population are voted down at every meeting (all of the development money has really tainted our government around here). This is bad news for many reasons. And as much as I hate tree huggers, many of them, including the Sierra Club, are now battling against the city in court to stop the development. So the big question is; what do you do when you suddenly find yourself standing on the same side as the people who you are normally fighting against? Stand and cheer, send money, be quiet because they might turn on you next...what to do!! ??? :naughty:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • RaptorRacer888

Posted April 22, 2005 - 04:23 AM

As my avatar suggests, the sierra club sucks. I remeber reading a while ago on like one of thier forums some of the things they were complaining about, and the totally retardted and ignorant posts of what they think of dirtbikes only incorage my hate towards them.

I don't care if they are on our side for one issue, there is about 30 other issues that they are agaisnt us on.

• grayracer513

Posted April 22, 2005 - 08:01 AM

You continue to stand for YOUR principals. You will occasionally find yourself standing with some odd allies who momentarily want to advance or prevent the same thing as you, even if their reasons are different. It doesn't put you in their group, only WITH their group for the moment. Contribute directly to whatever gets closer to the result you want, not to other groups with differing agendas. Once the BRC and the Sierra Club have jointly stopped the developers, you can go back to fighting with them over how to use the undeveloped land. For now, you have a common enemy, and the more people standing with you the better.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.