Rekluse Carbide balls

6 replies to this topic
  • Dingo151

Posted April 21, 2005 - 05:22 PM

So.. Whats the skinny on these puppies? Is it a way to fine tune your clutch engagement or does it just apply more clamping force to the clutch. How many do you install in the clutch and where do you get them?

Nothing like a post that's all questions !

• Indy_WR450

Posted April 21, 2005 - 05:56 PM

I went with 5 balls. I have heard of some using 10 carbide balls. It helps the clutch engage at lower rpm and also engage with more pressure at lower rpm. The engagement at higher rpms does not change. You can mark the spot the balls are in and you need to choose a number that divides 30 spots into equal quadrants like 3 , 5, 6, 10, 15 or 30. It is easy to change the steel ones for TC balls and adjust your engagement ( feathering ) :naughty:

• xcracer123

Posted April 24, 2005 - 10:41 PM

Thanks Indy! That was just the info I was looking for :naughty: I was wondering if I should try them or not and wasn't sure how they would change the engagement. I'm still fine tuning the Rekluse in my '04 WR 450.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Indy_WR450

Posted April 25, 2005 - 03:52 AM

I would buy 5 TC balls and try them. It is the best set up for the WR. :naughty:

• black_n_blue_thumper

Posted April 25, 2005 - 08:10 PM

Does Rekluse sell them? I thought I read that Rekluse didnt recommend them?About how much do they cost? Thanks, Black n Blue.

• Indy_WR450

Posted April 26, 2005 - 03:30 AM

Rekluse sells the TC balls. They are starting to accept that many of us with heavy flywheel motors need the TC balls. :naughty: On a YZ450 you would not need them to get the same engagement feathering. :naughty:

• JeffWR

Posted May 05, 2005 - 12:14 PM

Indy is the 5 TC balls with the light spring vs the heavier one in the perch adjuster?
So why did you use the heavier spring instead of the light?
Thanks for your help, Jeff

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.