Magura Hydraulic Clutch Problems

12 replies to this topic
  • Guest_yamahahaha_*

Posted April 21, 2005 - 11:46 AM

The lower unit on my Hydraulic Clutch leaks clutch fluid and sucks in air...It leaks out of the pointy end and sucks air on the cap part that has the hex on the end...I haven't had any experience with these and I dont have a manual...I bought the bike used a few weeks ago and I noticed after my first ride it was leaking clutch fluid. This weekend it failed...Any advice upon fixing it or disassembling it is appreciated.

I have already bleeded it, got full function, then all the fluid leaked out and air sucked into the line.

• curtains23

Posted April 21, 2005 - 12:01 PM

Try speaking to manufactures and see if a seal kit is available, if not replace the slave cylinder complete...best wishes...CURTAINS23

• Guest_yamahahaha_*

Posted April 21, 2005 - 12:36 PM

If I were to replace the slave cylinder complete, any idea where that part can be purchased?

Would I have to go through Magura Direct?

• curtains23

Posted April 21, 2005 - 12:43 PM

Go direct to the manufactures, they will be able to tell you what is available and how to fit it,try doing a search for MAGURA and see what it comes up with, fitting should be easy anyway and if you've already bleed it thats all there is to it...CURTAINS23

• yzf450jack

Posted April 21, 2005 - 04:57 PM

The shaft on the slave may be bent you have to file the arm so it don't bend it :naughty: Magura explains it in the instructions

• J_T_M

Posted April 21, 2005 - 05:24 PM

A complete slave cylinder is $60. so if you can get the one you have to work definitely try that first. Otherwise call magura

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • INJURY_69

Posted April 21, 2005 - 09:05 PM

The newer version of the slave cylinder was around $70 and after installing it still makes a squeeky fluid noise. I was told this was normal.

• Guest_yamahahaha_*

Posted April 22, 2005 - 05:13 AM

The shaft on the slave may be bent you have to file the arm so it don't bend it :naughty: Magura explains it in the instructions

I was looking at the shaft coming out, it is slightly bent and fluid leaks right out from where the shaft is located....Problem is that I dont have the instruction book because I bought the bike used. yzf450jack, what do the instructions say?

• Guest_yamahahaha_*

Posted April 22, 2005 - 05:39 AM

I cant find any online stores that sell replacement slave cylinders...Nor on Ebay....However, I found a replacement slave for a YFZ/Raptor on Ebay...I wonder if it would fit my 426...That would be my last resort...I wanna fix this right

• Dano426

Posted April 22, 2005 - 05:50 AM

I cant find any online stores that sell replacement slave cylinders...Nor on Ebay....

Here is the web site www.magurausa.com/motorcycle/

Go the the web site and contact Magura or click on find dealer to see if there is a dealer in your area. Good Luck

• Guest_yamahahaha_*

Posted April 22, 2005 - 11:44 AM

Thanks for the advice Dano!...I couldnt find that site

• Guest_yamahahaha_*

Posted April 22, 2005 - 03:54 PM

I took the slave cylinder apart today...The O-ring on the piston (attached to spring) appears to be fine. The shaft is slightly bent and I can see a brass bushing type ring in the nipple where the shaft goes in and out...I am assuming that there is supposed to be some kind of seal in there and it has worn out...

Without replacing the slave cylinder, I think the best bet is putting some hydraulic grease in the nipple and hope that stops the leaking...Otherwise, I a new slave cylinder might be the only fix-I dont have a clue where to find the damaged seal/o-ring in the "nipple" part of the slave cylinder and of so, its so small it would be a challenge to replace.

Any advice?

• Guest_yamahahaha_*

Posted April 24, 2005 - 04:37 PM

Anything on those instructions?

:naughty:

Related Content

Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.