400 Throttle Setup

1 reply to this topic
  • wkloiber

Posted April 20, 2005 - 10:30 PM

I have a 00' WR400F and I'm wondering if anyone knows if the throttle setup on the YZ and the WR are compatible because I've been told that the WR has a throttle stop that restricts travel to half-throttle.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted April 21, 2005 - 03:27 PM

I'm not the best one to answer this for you, but the throttle stop in the late WR's isn't located in the throttle. It's in the carb. For a rundown of this modification on a WR250F, Click Here

I would have thought that a '00 model would be a WR426, but I could have missed something. The reason for the stop was to help get past noise rules by not allowing the bike to reach full throttle. It wasn't my idea.

Maybe this will help you. If not, at least it's a legit looking bump until help arrives. :naughty:

Related Content

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.