My commute is 7 minutes now

13 replies to this topic
  • hill5150

Posted April 20, 2005 - 08:05 PM

:naughty: The pig is almost done with the exception of the edelbrock, that's coming soon.... :naughty: Plated,tuned and really fun in traffic............and the dez.....some pics.....

http://img.photobuck...legal650005.jpg

http://img.photobuck...legal650004.jpg

http://img.photobuck...legal650003.jpg

http://img.photobuck...legal650002.jpg

http://img.photobuck...legal650001.jpg

• August

Posted April 20, 2005 - 08:31 PM

Sweet!! Looks really good! I am looking to get a similar bar setup, would you care to share which clamp, bars you are using, did you buy it as acombo with teh Scotts? How much? Where you have the speedo mounted, is there anywhere else you can mount it with that setup?

• bork

Posted April 20, 2005 - 08:52 PM

Wow ! trick ! Is that a home made comp lever stack job ? Would like more info ,please . and your signal controls , who's make ?

• hill5150

Posted April 20, 2005 - 09:39 PM

The top triple is an APPLIED clamp,the forward mount is a clamp on....... :naughty: from BRPIT as well as the Scott's mount. The trailtech is a custom mount I made out of foam. Truly awesome bike with the Scott's installed, highly recommended for Dez... :naughty: The d/s kit is from E-line, works great so far,and uninstalls real easy.

• justicedone

Posted April 20, 2005 - 10:13 PM

Nice ride :naughty:

I am waiting for the same fork parts (currently in shipping) to install on my 2003 XR650L. The Summers Racing, Fork Brace, Upper Fork Guards, and long Seal Savers. Its a tight look and should be a solid improvement in front suspension and handling. I cant wait to see how they look and feel.

Again sweet ride man, nice work !

• frankstr

Posted April 21, 2005 - 03:56 AM

Nice looking BRP.. :D Great pics....... :naughty:
The scotts is next on my shopping list............... :naughty:

• denro

Posted April 21, 2005 - 04:42 AM

Nice Machine, looks good. Lots of goodies I wouldn't mind to have. I have a long wish list, only mode I have now is street legal and power up kit. I'm not shure what mod will be next, larger tank or handle bars. I also need a fender bag with tools, what make is yours.

Denro

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • kyleproject

Posted April 21, 2005 - 08:45 AM

How do you like the mirror? Pretty useless? I found mine shook all over and that's with motard wheels and rubber on there. They have little ones that get tied down right to the bar and it gives you the view under your arm - I might try one of those but really, the only time you need to check your six is just before you crack a big stinky wheelie :naughty:

• TimBrp

Posted April 21, 2005 - 08:47 AM

Looks good. I just put the SRC brace, mudskins and forkguards on mine. Unfortunately I think the SRC plastic guards are junk. The one where the brake line feeds through snapped off during the first mile out on the trail. I routed it exactly like it comes and it just snapped. Hopefully yours will last longer, who knows. I'm calling them this afternoon to b!tch...we'll see what happens.

• TXBRP

Posted April 21, 2005 - 11:00 AM

How do you like the mirror? Pretty useless? I found mine shook all over and that's with motard wheels and rubber on there. They have little ones that get tied down right to the bar and it gives you the view under your arm - I might try one of those but really, the only time you need to check your six is just before you crack a big stinky wheelie :naughty:

I've got one of the little ones mounted on my bar. Visibility is decent if you aren't wearing something baggy on top. It vibrates a little, but if I want to get a good view, I just place my thumb on it without moving any other part of my hand to dampen it. Works great.

• AzMtnThumper

Posted April 21, 2005 - 11:49 AM

I'm calling them this afternoon to b!tch...we'll see what happens.

hill5150 - very nicely done. :naughty:
Tim -I need to call them too, one my mudskins has split apart at the seams
:naughty:

• TimBrp

Posted April 21, 2005 - 12:13 PM

That I can see. My plastic guard just flew off the bike less than a mile into the ride. I didn't care for the way they mounted up either.

• jwcbf

Posted April 21, 2005 - 12:17 PM

How and when did you get your plate?

Looking at plating my 2003 XR650R.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanx

• hill5150

Posted April 21, 2005 - 02:02 PM

Go to Az and do it all you need is a clean vin they don't even check the d/s kit....good luck :naughty:

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 2 replies
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

• 22 replies
Wiki
Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L?  Here's how - last post by clc3251

Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L? Here's how

Articles
  • 1 reply
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2017 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

• Hot  43 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.