Making XR650R dual sport

29 replies to this topic
  • hill5150

Posted April 26, 2005 - 03:21 PM

Dude, you are a drag it is not fraud, look it up in the Webster's. It's that big book with definitions in it. Get over it, and leave your half ass glass comments in raining Wa.Ride on :D legally with an Az. plate doing wheelies all the way down the street past the dumbass POPO............ :naughty: Let us know when you get your bar license out of the cracker jack box einstein......... :naughty: :D

• RimLok

Posted April 26, 2005 - 03:37 PM

Oh you must be the I-N-T-E-L-L-I-G-E-N-T one in your family.

Okay look, it would not make any difference if you loose your sign, you have stupid written all over your face.

Please don't give advice to anyone, you really have nothing to offer. Keep talking, trying to convince others you're not an idiot is fruitless. We all know better.
I'm done with you, I refuse to lower myself into conversing with a toad stoole (yes that's frog dung) that has absolutely no clue.

GOOD DAY :naughty:

Ride On :naughty:

• RimLok

Posted April 26, 2005 - 03:48 PM

For your reading pleasure.

FRAUD, TO DEFRAUD - The term 'fraud' is generally defined in the law as an intentional misrepresentation of material existing fact made by one person to another with knowledge of its falsity and for the purpose of inducing the other person to act, and upon which the other person relies with resulting injury or damage. [Fraud may also include an omission or intentional failure to state material facts, knowledge of which would be necessary to make other statements not misleading.]

To make a 'misrepresentation' simply means to state as a fact something which is false or untrue. [To make a material 'omission' is to omit or withhold the statement of a fact, knowledge of which is necessary to make other statements not misleading.]

Thus, to constitute fraud, a misrepresentation must be false [or an omission must make other statements misleading], and it must be 'material' in the sense that it relates to a matter of some importance or significance rather than a minor or trivial detail.

To constitute fraud, a misrepresentation [or omission] must also relate to an 'existing fact.' Ordinarily, a promise to do something in the future does not relate to an existing fact and cannot be the basis of a claim for fraud unless the person who made the promise did so without any present intent to perform it or with a positive intent not to perform it. Similarly, a mere expression of opinion does not relate to an existing fact and cannot be the basis of a claim of fraud unless the person stating the opinion has exclusive or superior knowledge of existing facts which are inconsistent with such opinion.

To constitute fraud the misrepresentation [or omission] must be made knowingly and intentionally, not as a result of mistake or accident; that is, that the person either knew or should have known of the falsity of the misrepresentation [or the false effect of the omission], or that he made the misrepresentation [or omission] in negligent disregard of its truth or falsity.

Finally to constitute fraud, the Plaintiff must prove that the Defendant intended for the Plaintiff to rely upon the misrepresentation [and/or omission]; that the Plaintiff did in fact rely upon the misrepresentation [and/or omission]; and that the Plaintiff suffered injury or damage as a result of the fraud.

In some cases [depending on the specifics of the case and the law] when it is shown that a Defendant made a material misrepresentation [and/or omission] with the intention that the Plaintiff rely upon it, then, under the law, the Plaintiff may rely upon the truth of the representation, even though its falsity could have been discovered had he made an investigation, unless he knows the representation to be false or its falsity is obvious to him.

In other cases, when it is shown that a Defendant made a material misrepresentation [and/or omission] with the intention that the Plaintiff rely upon it, the Plaintiff must prove that his reliance was justified. If, in the exercise of reasonable care for the protection of his own interests, the Plaintiff could have learned the truth of the matter by making a reasonable inquiry or investigation under the circumstances presented, but failed to do so, then it cannot be said that he 'justifiably' relied upon such misrepresentations [and/or omissions].

For injury or damage to be the result of fraud, it must be shown that, except for the fraud, the injury or damage would not have occurred.

The word 'material' means that the subject matter of the statement [or concealment] related to a fact or circumstance which would be important to the decision to be made as distinguished from an insignificant, trivial or unimportant detail. (e.g. re: insurance fraud - to be material, an assertion [or concealment] must relate to a fact or circumstance that would affect the liability of an insurer (if made during an investigation of the loss), or would affect the decision to issue the policy, or the amount of coverage or the premium (if made in the application for the policy).

• hill5150

Posted April 26, 2005 - 03:49 PM

:D :naughty: :D

PS- Take your reading material and your negative attitude to off-topic and out of the 650 forum.This forum is for those who actually ride bikes and not complain about them. :naughty: See you never again...........Jaggoff........

• Miker

Posted April 26, 2005 - 06:20 PM

:naughty: Jeez, I go play a round of golf and miss all the good fireworks! The police are always looking at a dualsported XR anyway. Throw in an AZ plate and ride in downtown LA and you are asking to be pulled over. Act like a smartass and you can bet you better be 100% legal or else. That is not half empty thinking, it is reality. You may be right in your situation but I doubt it. If you could afford a house or legal residence in AZ and CA you would probably be a little more mature than your type written attitude is letting on. Good job or not. Just stirring the pot here.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Max Power

Posted April 26, 2005 - 06:40 PM

:naughty: Jeez, I go play a round of golf and miss all the good fireworks! The police are always looking at a dualsported XR anyway. Throw in an AZ plate and ride in downtown LA and you are asking to be pulled over. Act like a smartass and you can bet you better be 100% legal or else. That is not half empty thinking, it is reality. You may be right in your situation but I doubt it. If you could afford a house or legal residence in AZ and CA you would probably be a little more mature than your type written attitude is letting on. Good job or not. Just stirring the pot here.

Yep, if I ever get pulled over by the federallies. They will not be getting attitude from me. They hold all the get out of trouble free cards.

• Miker

Posted April 26, 2005 - 09:35 PM

Dude, you are a drag it is not fraud, look it up in the Webster's. It's that big book with definitions in it. Get over it, and leave your half ass glass comments in raining Wa.Ride on :naughty: legally with an Az. plate doing wheelies all the way down the street past the dumbass POPO............ :D Let us know when you get your bar license out of the cracker jack box einstein......... :naughty: :D

Just noticed this part. My wife works for the "dumbass popo" as you call them. She has seen one of her own nearly killed protecting people like you and me. Get a clue. They deal with the lowest part of our society and basically it is a thankless job. So keep your wise cracks to yourself unless you really don't care what anybody else thinks. You might look up respect in the Websters.

• hill5150

Posted April 27, 2005 - 01:19 AM

Just noticed this part. My wife works for the "dumbass popo" as you call them. She has seen one of her own nearly killed protecting people like you and me. Get a clue. They deal with the lowest part of our society and basically it is a thankless job. So keep your wise cracks to yourself unless you really don't care what anybody else thinks. You might look up respect in the Websters.

Really, your wife is a POPO, all the respect for her, my old man was a CHP MOTOR OFFICER (RETIRED NOW) for 35 years, don't lecture me about respect,smart guy , I know real well about respect. Lowest part of society? :naughty: We are talking about riding bikes not LA. Furthermore, being a cop is not a thankless job, you should know that you are her husband right :D , thank her sometime and stop " unless you really don't care what anybody else thinks." "quote" :naughty: worrying about someone who rides legally,sanely,licensed and aware. :D

• frankstr

Posted April 27, 2005 - 04:25 AM

Guys, We don't need the fighting :naughty: here in the BRP Den............. :naughty:

• hill5150

Posted April 27, 2005 - 08:01 AM

Guys, We don't need the fighting :naughty: here in the BRP Den............. :D

Hear ya on that, I'm here to ride............... .......................... :naughty:

Related Content

Reviews

Honda XR650L 2016 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2016
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 8 replies
Forums
Photo

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

• 3 replies
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

• 22 replies
Forums
Photo
Supercross

Supercross Preview 2017 Part 1: Championship Contenders by Chris Cooksey

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  171 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.