Tool Pack

8 replies to this topic
  • Electric Blue

Posted April 20, 2005 - 12:25 PM

Hey Guys,

05 WR450, Looking to set up a tool pack. Does anybody have a general list that I could start from? Tube replacement tools, etc, just the basics. Can anybody help? FYI, going to Glamis, CA. this weekend w/ the kids. Can't wait. :naughty:

• Gadsen

Posted April 20, 2005 - 05:10 PM

Hey Guys,

05 WR450, Looking to set up a tool pack. Does anybody have a general list that I could start from? Tube replacement tools, etc, just the basics. Can anybody help? FYI, going to Glamis, CA. this weekend w/ the kids. Can't wait. :naughty:

We just had a nice thread on this not too long ago. Everyone chimed in with great tool kit combos. I use a Moose Tail bag on the rear fender and I use a Moose tool wrap in the bag wiht quite a few items. You will find items to add as you go. Maybe try a search for "tool kits", it was in this forum (WR400,426,450)

• cgrlvr35

Posted April 20, 2005 - 05:36 PM

I know in the dirt bike mags there is Blue Ridge racing or moutain. They have tool packs in different sizes. I will try and find the right site.

• GixxerBitch

Posted April 21, 2005 - 03:26 AM

http://www.thumperta...=trail tool kit

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • thumper_dad

Posted April 21, 2005 - 04:40 AM

The leader in off road ballistic nylon bags are here, http://www.dirt-bike-gear.com/ take a look at my garage and you will the bag on my 05 WR450..

Good Luck

Rich

• kincade

Posted April 21, 2005 - 08:40 AM

I just received my kit and DBG bag from trailtoolz.com ; I'd highly recommend it! I'm going to do a writeup on it shortly.

• Griswold

Posted November 17, 2006 - 11:25 AM

I have an Enduro Pack from Blue Ridge Racing, has everything and more extra room for the things not furnished, blueridgeracing.com they have several other offerings as well.:cheers:

• MN_Paul

Posted November 17, 2006 - 09:14 PM

I just got my bag from Dirtgear and it is pretty impressive. Did you have to reinforce the rear fender or is it strong enough?

Paul

• Just_a_trail_rider

Posted November 18, 2006 - 12:54 AM

My gear bag fits on my fender just fine without reinforcing it. I have it stuffed full of necessary tools that give me piece of mind 30 miles from my truck.

I have the standard 6,8,10 and 12 mm sockets and wrenches. 1/4 inch ratchet and extension. screw drivers, flash light, 3 small tire irons, adjustable wrench for axle bolts and tire patches. Don't forget the leatherman.

I do all my bike maintenance with this very kit. its 7lbs, which may be a lot unless you break down in the middle of nowhere.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.