White Brothers Header Pipe Problem

6 replies to this topic
  • mxdirt426

Posted April 20, 2005 - 11:15 AM

I just installed the White Brothers Header Pipe with the E2 series pipe on my 02 426 bike. The header and back pipe do not fit straight together in the middle, which is creating a small space. A small amount of air is coming throught this space.

Has any one had this issue with the White Brothers setup?

I called White Brothers and they suggested to use a PERMATEX High Temp RTV Silicone Gasket Maker, which will seal the small space.

Any suggestions? Should I use this Silicone or should I try returning the header pipe?

• 02YZ426

Posted April 20, 2005 - 01:42 PM

If its a problem with the workmanship of their product, then I would want them to replace it with a good one. But if its only minor, then you could try the high temp silicone like they suggested.

• sldietz

Posted April 20, 2005 - 02:09 PM

Did you try to loosen the flange that holds the headpipe to the cylinder and slowly rotate the headpipe to see if you can get it to fit tighter?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • tnl

Posted April 20, 2005 - 06:19 PM

I would send it back if it won't fit properly. Pipe gets dam hot! RTV glue, your crazy.

• David37

Posted April 20, 2005 - 09:28 PM

I have the same exhaust setup on my 02 YZ250F and have not had any problems with fit or air/exhaust leaks. Like Sldietz wrote loosen the nut and allen bolt holding the head pipe on and then loosen all of the mounting bolts for the E2. Then start tightening the mounting bolts from the muffler end and worked towards the headpipe. The last bolts that you tighten should be the headpipe nut and allen bolt. Permatex RTV works great for sealing up small leaks. My experience with White Brothers is that they make good stuff and stand behind their products.

• mxdirt426

Posted April 26, 2005 - 02:19 PM

I am going to try and work my way tightening the bolts as you have mentioned from the back pipe and then tighten the header pipe, which I think that I have done already. I may not be able to return it at this point, so I the Permatex will be my last option.

Thanks for the info.

• Ga426owner

Posted April 26, 2005 - 03:22 PM

Was this bought as a full system or did you already have the E2? One may be slightly bent but doubtful
My Alum Race Series has a small gap - not noticeable for any leaks and I use the High Temp Gasket Stuff without any issues for a complete seal.

Also if your subframe is slightly bent left or right that will throw it off.

Otherwise send it back for a complete replacement - :naughty:

Related Content

Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

The "going back to the other darkside" adventure... by Monk

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250/350/450/505 SX-F & XC-F (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  94 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.