??? About 02 WR tranny

3 replies to this topic
  • BigDesto

Posted April 20, 2005 - 11:12 AM

This past weekend out at the track my friends bike started to SLIP while in 2nd and 3rd gear!! It was not it was slipping out of gear and then catch again??? Where is this woodruff KEY? Will that do it?? We tore apart the clutch side and everything looks to be ok?? I think his 2nd and 3rd gear expired!!!! :naughty: Any thoughts on this????

• wr250rr

Posted April 20, 2005 - 11:34 AM

The woodruf key aligns the flywheel on the crank. If you sheared the woodruf, it would throw the timing off and it wouldnt run.
It sounds more like the shifting forks. Like its not fully engaging in gear.
How long since the last oil change?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • BigDesto

Posted April 20, 2005 - 01:18 PM

That's what i told him!! Feels like it slips out then in then out really weird!!
Both 2nd and 3rd gear?? Think he's just going to bring it to Dave Huffman(Damon's dad) @ Cycle Concepts up by us.

He changes his oil ALOT!!

• cmg

Posted April 20, 2005 - 09:48 PM

sounds like a problem I had a while ago, turns out it was the shifting forks, and subsequently the dogs on my gears (3rd,4th & 5th), which means a total pull down and rebuilt, with new parts as required, sorry for the bad news mate

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.