Wtf Over??

34 replies to this topic
  • pb1963

Posted April 20, 2005 - 05:49 AM

I've been following the whole Irondude drama, seems like they don't even want us to discuss the whole thing. I tried to put in my .02 and the thread had been locked, no more replies. &%$#@!?

You gotta love political correctness.. :naughty:

• TheWeez

Posted April 20, 2005 - 05:57 AM

I've been following the whole Irondude drama, seems like they don't even want us to discuss the whole thing. I tried to put in my .02 and the thread had been locked, no more replies. &%$#@!?

You gotta love political correctness.. :naughty:

I hear you. I own a CRF250R and the whole "valve" issue has me thinking I may have blown $6000.00. As for Ironman being banned for using the word "white", whatever. I am a certified facilitator of Sexual Harrassment Awareness and Race Awareness. He did not cross any lines of racism.

I'm not going to go overboard about it because I don't want to get banned myself but it really seems like Ironman just spoke the truth and it spooked some people.

• Mantrasonica

Posted April 20, 2005 - 06:03 AM

"whats wrong with white people? I for one love the idea of 'white people'--you know--the guys who designed the F-16, discovered modern medicine, built the freeways... white culture, white values, white-ness. whats wrong with that? Irondude

What is wrong with that? I say nothing. I think I need to be banned.

Sheesh!

• Eddie Sisneros

Posted April 20, 2005 - 06:26 AM

guys,c'mon. really its being handled right now.

irondude can plead his case to the owners. if they chose to unban him thats fine.

the threads are being locked becuase im being attacked.

the accusations are totally and completely false.

give it a rest.

• justicedone

Posted April 20, 2005 - 07:16 AM

I dont know Dude..but I can say I was a Moderator and an Admin on another board for almost 4 years. I worked my ass off on the site almosy everyday for nothing, but to contribute to the community and help the board.

I noticed over time that other staff members started to take the whole board toooooooo serious. Wow we had 14,000 members (who cares). And they started to get this power trip and be all holy'er than though attitude. I ruffled many feathers with my posts at times speaking my mind and doing what made common sense on the site.

In the end I walked away on my own terms to the dismay of 80 or so good online friends, and the satisfaction of maybe 1 or 2 staff members. I think these boards are simple ENTERTAINMENT !!! They can be helpful, funny, controversial, polically correct or incorrect and sometimes dirty and mean when knuckleheads pop off. But in the end theres much more to life than reading a site and typing your thoughts..right?

My advice is to take a deep breath, back away from the keyboard and just take it for what its worth.

Enjoy life and boards like this with a grain of salt, never take these discussion groups TOO seriously.

Jim

*btw* If I was a moderator, I wouldnt censor anything, but I would move threads like this to the proper forum.

• JackAttack

Posted April 20, 2005 - 07:28 AM

suggesting he or others should chose one bike over another becuase of skin color is wrong.

Looks like this is why he got banned. :naughty: :D

I did not think this was what Irondude was suggesting the first 4 times I read his post....maybe I will have to read it again a few more times.

FREE IRONDUDE!!!!!

:naughty:

• roadcam

Posted April 20, 2005 - 07:45 AM

sounds more like he dis-regarded the New American Correctness Rules :
1. you cannot ridicule any race except whites
2. you cannot compliment any race except non-whites

ever wonder what the newspapers would say if Congress also had a "White Caucus", or someone tried to start the NAAWP ? ...
I'm not a racist or anything, I don't judge people because of their race ... I'm just the new American minority...the "white man", ... actually, I spend a lot of time trying to tan, I really do ... :naughty:

• pb1963

Posted April 20, 2005 - 08:03 AM

Well said roadcam!! Or what about the "United Poor White Guys College Fund"? I sure could have used a little help. I probably wouldn't have qualified, I know who my father is.

• JackAttack

Posted April 20, 2005 - 08:08 AM

pb1963, I suggest you edit the last part of your statement...very bad taste! Also, more racist than anything I have read on this board. :naughty:

• justicedone

Posted April 20, 2005 - 08:25 AM

I think anyone should be free to state their mind. Freedom has been waged on the blood of soldiers since the dawn of time. Who are we to censor a mans opinions? Who are we to eliminate a percieved threat due to him stating his opinions, whether we share them or not?

If he was wrong or made stupid remarks, then he would have been seen as such. But I am guessing it was deeper than that and perhaps he was disliked, and this was a chance to boot him. Like the straw that broke the Camels back...

I am %100 against Censorship, Racism, and Biased programs helping those who dont help themselves. I pay $1200 a month in daycare for my 3 kids, and I only take home $2000 a month (thank God my wife works too)...and yet if I was a lazy piece of shit, my kids would get free daycare, free lunch at schools, I would get section 8 housing and foodstamps.

Is life fair..yeah right

this isnt a big deal guys, its just a place to hang out and escape the real world and its drama..so why create more here?

I say let him be, if you give him enough rope maybe he hangs himself. If you dislike his views then state your own, dont censor or ban people for such manners...thats whack I think.

*am I banned now* ??? :naughty:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • malibuskier

Posted April 20, 2005 - 09:09 AM

Um.....I'm new to this site so my opinion may not amount to a hill of beans to the veteran members out there, but here it goes anyway. I joined this site after I bought a used 650r. I was told by my local dealer about this site when I started bothering him with bunch of questions on how to get my bike dialed in. If it weren't for this site I would have never learned about the right foot peg and would have never checked for an oil screen - which, by the way, had metal shavings on it, and I am grateful for that information. Nonetheless, I joined this site to learn and discuss motorcycles. If a person has an opinion about race, politics or religion, or any other controversial subject then great. But, there is a time and a place to those discussions. I do not know who owns TT or who runs TT, but I do know that there are two sides to every story and seldom do both side avail themselves to all the facts - and it may be non of our business. Again, I joined this site to discuss motorcycles and the enthusiasm for the sport.

Happy trails to all.

• Ride

Posted April 20, 2005 - 09:19 AM

I'm a proud superhonky but I have black family and friends and I sent what Burned posted the Irondude got booted for and they laughed. There is absolutely nothing wrong with being proud and white. I personally did not see anything that could be considered to have a stitch of racism nor did my black friends. There has to be more of this.

Let’s be honest and tell it like it is, this site censors as it wishes as it is privately owned and ran so they can do whatever they please. Felt it personally and seen it over and over. There are agendas being played out here and that’s just the way it is. We play buy the rules or get banned. Sometimes we play by the rules and get banned anyway. This is the root of why censorship is so bad. You can make a case for anything if the conversation is one sided. Personally I would love to see it open to anything and everything. It will sort itself out and those being asses will be viewed as such. The mods / owners would have set themselves free of the over policing they need to do with the current policy and can concentrate on what they are really in this for, making money.

As Brian and Bryan both ride CRF’s and I don’t think they went to the local dealer for them I have heard of deals (rumor at this point) that are to good to believe they are obviously using their leverage with TT in some way for this. If in fact the hand that feeds them is being bitten here on TT there might be some influence to put a stop to it. This is just a possible theory and not based in facts I know for sure but it seems to be the case. We all use our obtained leverage and favors to get deals on parts and whatever so I see nothing wrong in this just an observation that there may be a lot of things going on that don’t make sense at first but if you look at the big picture I think things will come into focus.

This is interesting.

• JackAttack

Posted April 20, 2005 - 09:36 AM

Let’s be honest and tell it like it is, this site censors as it wishes as it is privately owned.....

Are you sure that the guys that started Thumpertalk still own it?

Is it Privately owned?

FREE IRONDUDE!!!

• Eddie Sisneros

Posted April 20, 2005 - 09:53 AM

you guys can think what ever you want.

i have no idea how either of the B's get their bikes.

i paid for mine just like everyone else.as far im concerned there is no manufacturer loyalty involved.

i assure you i have no underlying motive.

please take the situation at face value.no one here has any reason to doubt my honesty.

im 100% a volunteer here.

• malibuskier

Posted April 20, 2005 - 10:29 AM

I have a question......If you read my post you will see that I'm new to the site. Is there anywhere on the site when I can read up on the history of TT..........how it got started, you know that knid of thing?

• hill5150

Posted April 20, 2005 - 10:31 AM

guys,c'mon. really its being handled right now.

irondude can plead his case to the owners. if they chose to unban him thats fine.

the threads are being locked becuase im being attacked.

the accusations are totally and completely false.

give it a rest.

:cry: :D :naughty: :naughty: :D :D :D Get over it already..........

• miguelitro

Posted April 20, 2005 - 11:20 AM

I allmost got booted off this site for inquiring about "white power" shock in the vintage section!
They were the best back in the day!

Joking, wish more people had a sense of humor!!!
Mike
bring back irondude, dude!

• justicedone

Posted April 20, 2005 - 11:29 AM

I run a White Bros exhaust...

but I swear I bought it without knowing the company was run by the KKK !!!

Shoud have bought a Friendly Milf Females instead I suppose...oh well

• miguelitro

Posted April 20, 2005 - 11:38 AM

yeah cuz a friendly milf female exhaust is what you should buy cuz that your ethnic background?

I personally only buy stuff from lazy surf bums like myself too support my race of fellow lazy surf bums. wait can i say that?

• justicedone

Posted April 20, 2005 - 11:58 AM

Actually I am a White bro...but its all good

he he

I like dem dark girls...white girls...asians...1 legged...midgets...gymnasts...chearleaders, beached whales

I aint pre-juiced

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2017 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  60 replies
Forums
Photo

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

• 3 replies
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

• Hot  29 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.