How many teeth?

1 reply to this topic
  • 450g-ride

Posted April 19, 2005 - 08:42 PM

I own a stock 03 yz450f, and I am setting up a rear wheel for sand/desert riding. As far as the rear sprocket - how many teeth should I set it up with for optimal wide open riding?

Also, where can I get a reasonably priced rotor (besides ebay)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • J_T_M

Posted April 21, 2005 - 05:31 PM

for wide open riding, you would use a smaller rear sprocket or a larger counter-sprocket, but i don't know if a larger counter-sprocket fits inside the stock case-saver. to solve this, take the stupid thing off..or buy one from Zip-ty
i think the ratio is... up 1 tooth in the front= down 3 teeth in the back. I would say maybe 13-46 for wide open stuff? but you don't want to go too far and lose all bottom.

Related Content

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.