Z Start auto clutch

3 replies to this topic
  • simimi

Posted April 19, 2005 - 07:01 PM

Hi all, I am looking at picking up a used Auto Clutch and hoping for some input. This one is labeled for the YZ426/450 so it must be fairly new, is there anything wrong with the older models? Anything to look out for on a used one?

thanks

Mike

• Fastest1

Posted April 19, 2005 - 09:57 PM

Is it a Gen 2 or Gen 3? The Gen 3 is much easier to set up and adjust. Rekluse will upgrade you for about 150.00 if you have the Gen 2. Absolutely beautiful unit.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • JohnB

Posted April 20, 2005 - 05:38 AM

There is a defferance between the 426 and 450 kits. When I called Rekluse, they said it would cost $50 in parts to convert my yz450f to a yz426f set up. Call Rekluse.... Make sure it fits your application.

• simimi

Posted April 20, 2005 - 07:01 AM

Thanks guys,

I called Rekluse and they say they never made any model to fit the 400. This is a Gen 2 and the price is now $199 to convert it to a gen 3.

the Clutch is on e-b-a-y if anyone with a 426 or 450 is interested, do a search for "z start auto clutch" not rekluse,

Auction ends tonight,

Mike

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.