Cloudy Oil

1 reply to this topic
  • jsc1648

Posted April 19, 2005 - 06:58 PM

I have about 275 total miles on my 2004 WR450 and I was draining the oil and out came a cloudy greenish-whiteish liquid. I then poured in a quart of oil and road it around for about 5 minutes and drained the frame again and it looked almost identicle (cloudy, less green). The first oil had one harescramble and practice on it (~50mi) but had sat in the bike all winter. I checked the radiator cap and coolent was right at the cap. I have no idea if the reservior is down or not. I did fall in a shallow creek and stall once during the race. It started right up and I road about 20 more miles. Any ideas?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Indy_WR450

Posted April 19, 2005 - 07:48 PM

sucked in green swamp water thru the breather hose from restart in creek. Run the 2 side carb vents to the air box to prevent future stalls in the creek. reroute the breather hose to the airbox if you want to start the bike up in deep water. :naughty: Your bike should be OK after 3 oil changes to get the water out. :naughty:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.