05 450 15 mpg HELP!!!!

6 replies to this topic
  • ratbiker

Posted April 19, 2005 - 06:24 PM

15 mpg wont cut it this summer.Had an 02 426 and got better than 30,i have a jd jetting kit with blue needle.Any suggestions emailed jd and he says red needle that did not work.I have looped float over flow tube over petcock as other have suggested but still the same!I did pull my kouba and a rubber washer came out with it but i had the problem before that i am out of things to try anyone with a trick up there sleeve?Kouba is back and still the same.HELP PLEASE!!!

• woody12

Posted April 19, 2005 - 06:42 PM

theres gotta be something seriously wrong i have the same bike and i get almost 30 mpg

• Cedric

Posted April 19, 2005 - 09:40 PM

Have you checked your float levels? My guess is that it is leaking gas out of the vent tubes while you are riding. This happened to me quite a few years back.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Dan_Lorenze

Posted April 20, 2005 - 06:59 AM

Have you checked your float levels? My guess is that it is leaking gas out of the vent tubes while you are riding. This happened to me quite a few years back.

Good point...

• ratbiker

Posted April 20, 2005 - 01:00 PM

Done it,check level and it seems fine is there anything else that could be doing it!

• YZ426FPilot

Posted April 20, 2005 - 07:03 PM

I dont mean to sound like a smartass... but did you check your math? Remember, there's nothing more deceptive than the obvious.

• Mike Grady

Posted April 20, 2005 - 07:34 PM

I have 05 WR450F and get about 31 Miles of hard desert and hill climb miles from Cal City to Randsburg on a gallon or so. I am 230lbs. Something must be wrong with yours.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.