01 Yz426 Misfire Hiccup At Cruise

3 replies to this topic
  • HONDA532

Posted April 19, 2005 - 04:01 PM

hey hi, new guy here, my street legal yz426 has a misfire when cruisin. about 1/4 throttle no load. throttle response is still excellent, no backfire on decel or bogging. cleaned carb twice. pull choke out when problem happens but it makes no diff. i drive it on the street. could this be normal if im just cruisin with a yz dirt bike? any help please! thanks

• browncb

Posted April 20, 2005 - 10:10 AM

Hi, I have the same bike. that motor/carb is tuned for motocross quick revs or something... It doesn't run well at constant rpm. Whenever I ride for a bit down the road to get to another trail, I experience the same thing... a few quick blips gets her properly again. If you want to ride on the road, I suggest getting a bike designed to do so. good luck.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • HONDA532

Posted April 20, 2005 - 03:06 PM

thanks for the input. i did get it fixed over night with the help of an old thread from az426 (thank you). i lifted my needle one groove. it was running to lean. its great now. no more misfire .
by the way, i have a custom yama v-max and an 02 honda750 shadow for the street, but they just dont get the same airtime out of the ditches like my monster 426. our roads here in mn get pretty beat up over the winter too. what can i say, i like to be different. (and chicks dig it)

• moto2000

Posted April 20, 2005 - 03:59 PM

I noticed a similar miss on mine. Wasn't too worried about it before, but it would be an easy thing to try. :naughty:

Running stock jetting otherwise?

Related Content

Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.