2000 WR400 Clutch Actuator Arm

6 replies to this topic
  • tokenboy

Posted April 19, 2005 - 10:25 AM

Guys, I picked up a bank repo 2000 Wr400 over the winter and have gone over it to make sure it is all good. I inspected and adjusted the valves and basically cleaned it up.

Anyways, I picked up a new clutch cable and installed it but that is where my problem lies. I removed the old cable in which the clutch worked, but now with the new cable the actuator arm has no resistance. I have not yet attempted to put the bike in gear as I don't think the clutch is engaging/disengaging.

Am I going to have to open the cases to see whats what or has anyone else experienced this when changing a clutch cable.

• tokenboy

Posted April 20, 2005 - 11:41 AM

Bumpity Bump Bump

• SmallMonkey

Posted April 20, 2005 - 12:00 PM

When you pull the lever, is the actuator arm moving?
If so, it's something inside the clutch, maybe the springs? maybe the pushord?
If not, it's the cable or the cable adjustment.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • tokenboy

Posted April 20, 2005 - 01:24 PM

I can pull the clutch and the actuator arm moves, but there is zero resistance, so I have the impression that it is not actually actuating the push rod.

I may just have to open things up to see what is going on.

• tad69

Posted April 20, 2005 - 06:14 PM

Does the clutch cover have a 3/8" lexan spacer?

• tokenboy

Posted April 21, 2005 - 06:58 AM

No idea. All I have done is swap out clutch cables. Old cable, clutch worked (with resistance). New cable, floppy. I have not gone inside.

• tokenboy

Posted April 23, 2005 - 11:26 AM

I opened up the clutch and it appear the push rod is not long enough to make contact with the pressure plate. Weird...anyone else experience this?

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.