Need honest opinions-What's it Worth??

15 replies to this topic
  • 426Hurricane

Posted April 19, 2005 - 07:21 AM

Im trying to sell my bike to get a new one.

http://i4.photobucke...icane/YZ426.jpg

2000 426, New top end, all brand new Plastic/Graphics/Seat/Tank(3.3 gal), Devol Radiator braces, full works connection gaurds, Applied triple clamp, Tag Bars, GPS Suspension, White Bros E-series, newer chain/sprockets (13/49), Runs perfect and super strong. Thanks in advance for your feedback.

• yz400fl1

Posted April 19, 2005 - 08:23 AM

Looks pretty sweet man! I just sold my 99 yz 400f for 2700 but thats here in CA. Go to http://www.kbb.com/ scroll to the bottom of the page and use the motorcycle link. That should give you a good idea of how much.

• biznet1

Posted April 19, 2005 - 08:35 AM

Im trying to sell my bike to get a new one.

http://i4.photobucke...icane/YZ426.jpg

2000 426, New top end, all brand new Plastic/Graphics/Seat/Tank(3.3 gal), Devol Radiator braces, full works connection gaurds, Applied triple clamp, Tag Bars, GPS Suspension, White Bros E-series, newer chain/sprockets (13/49), Runs perfect and super strong. Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Love the graphic and plastic! I would have a hard time letting it go. :naughty: My guess is at least 3Gs.

• 426Hurricane

Posted April 19, 2005 - 08:55 AM

That kinda what i was thinking biznet, thanks for the feedback. Anyone else?

• yz426onNOS

Posted April 19, 2005 - 10:06 AM

I had mine in the paper for 2500 and did not get one call for weeks. I barley sold it for 2k. It was in excellent condition. Did not look as nice as yours. But hell I did not even get a call on it.

• 426Hurricane

Posted April 19, 2005 - 10:25 AM

YZ426onthejuice,
What time of the year was that? Where do you live? and what year of bike?

• yz426onNOS

Posted April 19, 2005 - 10:38 AM

2000, So.Cal. 60 miles south of L.A. beginning of rideing season.

It may have been my location. But I was mid to low price for my type of bike in cycle trader at that time.

• cowboyona426

Posted April 19, 2005 - 11:00 AM

You'd be lucky to get $3K for it IMO, because there are 01's and 02's that sometimes go cheaper. Sometimes people don't care how good it looks, if they can get a newer one cheaper they'll do it just to say they have a newer one. This is precisely why I don't plan on selling my very clean 00 426 any time soon, it's worth way more than what I could sell it for. I saw a decent 01 (decent looking, no idea on maintenance or how it ran) at my local shop the other day for $2500, and an 02 for $3000.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 426Hurricane

Posted April 19, 2005 - 11:22 AM

Yeah, I guess it's only worth as much as someone is willing to pay. I might advertise it for 3K obo and see what happens. It's paid for so If i didnt get any offers over 2300-2400 I would just keep it.

• biznet1

Posted April 19, 2005 - 11:57 AM

I do ALL of my selling on Ebay. I haven't been let down yet. As a matter of fact, I just made $350 more than I expected for an 03 TTR90. Just set the reserve for the minimum you're willing to take. If it don't sell, you lose $30 for the listing fee, but you get more visibility than you could possibly get from the classifieds. BTW, the bike I mentioned above was sold to a guy in Puerto Rico and he paid about $400 to crate and ship it. The total cost was about $100 less than a new one here.

• Vibeguy

Posted April 19, 2005 - 06:05 PM

I've got a clean, low hours, 2002 426, still has the original tires on, never raced, vet bike with auto decomp cam, RG3 top clamp, protapers, power now, new chain, et and didn't get one call at $3500?

Did get a "scammer" offering to pay $6000 for a client in Europe though!

• 426Hurricane

Posted April 19, 2005 - 06:55 PM

vibeguy,
I'll take it!! No but seriously, i dont expect to get much over $2400ish. Any lower than that and i'll keep it. I dont know why i cant just be satisfied with what I've got, It runs out strong, looks good, has been 100% reliable, and have had no problems w/it. Guess it's like the wife says "Your never F@!$kn' satisfied" I guess i do the same thing every winter with sleds.

• simimi

Posted April 19, 2005 - 07:08 PM

To shop for comparable prices, check out www.cycletrader.com you can search by area, and by bike. Might not be too bad a place to list it also, although I think the rates have gone up since I used it last.

If www.Craigslist.org covers your area try listing their for free,

Mike

• Vibeguy

Posted April 21, 2005 - 08:34 AM

I looked through Cycle Trader to get an idea of prices in the PNW and it's comparably priced. I'll bet it's the lowest time 02 426 out there, 10-15 hours tops 90% trail riding with the kids.

I'm getting into vintage mx and find myself taking the WR250F out for the trails so the 426 is spending most of it's time in the garage :naughty:

• saucebox

Posted April 21, 2005 - 08:45 AM

vibeguy,
I'll take it!! No but seriously, i dont expect to get much over $2400ish. Any lower than that and i'll keep it. I dont know why i cant just be satisfied with what I've got, It runs out strong, looks good, has been 100% reliable, and have had no problems w/it. Guess it's like the wife says "Your never F@!$kn' satisfied" I guess i do the same thing every winter with sleds.

where at in MN are ya?! i got a friend that has taken my 450 for a ride a few times and he is absolutely in love with it and he told me to find him a thumper for around that range.. he didnt think he could get a big thumper for under 3K

• 426Hurricane

Posted April 21, 2005 - 10:34 AM

Saucebox,
I live in Detroit Lakes (35 min east of Fargo). If you want more pics/info, shoot me an email at work erinr@sjerhombus.com and/or rhodes01@arvig.net

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.