Short clutch lever

7 replies to this topic
  • gregwr450f

Posted April 19, 2005 - 12:34 AM

I fitted a short clutch lever the other week, I can't believe how much better I can control the bike, I would not have thought it would make such difference but I'm glad I did it :naughty:

• AUS_WR450

Posted April 19, 2005 - 12:49 AM

How much harder is it to pull? I simply slid my clutch perch as far as I could to the centre of the bars. This kept the easy original pulling effort, yet effectively shortening the lever.

• gregwr450f

Posted April 19, 2005 - 03:55 PM

It must be due to less leverage, but I can't notice it.

• DesertWR

Posted April 19, 2005 - 04:06 PM

I fitted a short clutch lever the other week, I can't believe how much better I can control the bike, I would not have thought it would make such difference but I'm glad I did it :naughty:

I shortened mine when I 1st got the bike--I fell :naughty:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • black_n_blue_thumper

Posted April 19, 2005 - 10:36 PM

I ordered the ASV shorty clutch lever. I cant wait to get it. I already have the ASV brake lever and man it is great. :naughty: Which shorty do you have?

• tp3dxf

Posted April 19, 2005 - 10:44 PM

I run a MSR Raptor Shorty Clutch lever and Perch. It has three different pull adjustments that take it from stock to easy pull. Great set up and easy on the wallet. I got mine for under $40. I think MSR now calls it the the Pro Raptor. Check them out they are great.

• Chris_from_Oz

Posted April 20, 2005 - 02:27 AM

I run a MSR Raptor Shorty Clutch lever and Perch. It has three different pull adjustments that take it from stock to easy pull. Great set up and easy on the wallet. I got mine for under $40. I think MSR now calls it the the Pro Raptor. Check them out they are great.

I have the same sort of adjustable clutch lever/perch, made by FLY. Made a HUGE difference, my 426's clutch feels like a 125 2 stroke clutch now :naughty:

• gregwr450f

Posted April 20, 2005 - 05:24 AM

I ordered the ASV shorty clutch lever. I cant wait to get it. I already have the ASV brake lever and man it is great. :naughty: Which shorty do you have?

I have no idea, I broke my stock one and when I got to the shop the bloke said do you want a short one to replace it, yes I replied, I put it on and I'm very impressed with it's operation.

Seriously I don't no what brand it is there are no markings on it or the packet, just the price label :naughty:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.