98 wr carb questions

2 replies to this topic
  • thriller

Posted April 18, 2005 - 08:43 PM

I have a 98 wr400 and have a few carb questions, first on the LH side of the carb there is a bypass valve or something that is between the hot start plunger and the intake - What really is it and what does it do? My 99YZ 400 does not have one. :naughty:

What is the starter jet for? Is it what controles the amount of fuel going through the enricher circuit when the knob is out? :naughty:

I have went through the carb a few times now and still have 6" flames that come out of the exhaust if I was to rev it up in neutral and then let off the throttle. It does not idle that great.
I am running

PJ 45
SJ 85
MJ 170
PAJ 75
MAJ 200
jet needle obdtm with the clip 3rd from the top
fuel screw at 2 turns out
I ride from 3000 to 6000 feet, the temp now is about 10 degrees C.
I have the fmf powercore and the airbox lid is on
the guy before me must have removed the throttle stop.
I don't know if the grey wire is hooked up or not?? :D
I have wr timing

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • thriller

Posted April 20, 2005 - 04:54 AM

• firezwr426

Posted April 20, 2005 - 01:15 PM

post in the jetting section... your sure to get an answer there... :naughty:

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.