I'm in love

19 replies to this topic
  • Max Power

Posted April 18, 2005 - 08:40 PM

Why did no one tell me sooner about the front brake mod for the pig. Holy fu$!. You can fill in the blanks. I live in the mountains and have found the pigs front brake to be..... well. Weak!. Well the problem is solved. Now I have brakes to match the power. 5 years on this thing and now I can stop it in a hurry with just two fingers. This is now my most bestest mod to date.

Why the secret?.... Why?!!!!!!!.

Posted Image

Before
Posted Image

Bigger is better
Posted Image

Tinker tinker
Posted Image

Posted Image

After
Posted Image

• DualSport650

Posted April 18, 2005 - 08:43 PM

Nice post Max Power. :naughty:

Don't leave us hangin' though. :D

Where'd you get it and how many clams do we BRP riders need to shell out to get one? :naughty:

• thumper245

Posted April 18, 2005 - 08:45 PM

You now have my attion, so now here comes the big question. Where and how much, and do they have it for the L?

• Max Power

Posted April 18, 2005 - 08:54 PM

Nice post Max Power. :naughty:

Don't leave us hangin' though. :D

Where'd you get it and how many clams do we BRP riders need to shell out to get one? :naughty:

I got it from Rocky Mountain. CLICK HERE FOR INFO.

• my98mugen

Posted April 18, 2005 - 08:55 PM

hey guys it cant be that hard!!
the first pic does have the brand and part number!!

• Max Power

Posted April 18, 2005 - 09:00 PM

You now have my attion, so now here comes the big question. Where and how much, and do they have it for the L?

I got it from Rocky Mountain. Website I don't know if they have it for the L.

• DualSport650

Posted April 18, 2005 - 09:02 PM

Yeah, but we're looking for the best deals Mugen. $$$

Thanks for the info Max Power.

That's on my short list of mods...

1) Fix Edelbrock Carburetor
2) Large footpegs, right peg fix
3) Set up suspension
4) EBC Oversized Brake Rotor

:naughty:

• justicedone

Posted April 18, 2005 - 11:41 PM

I couldnt find them for the XR650L model...

oh well one less mod to save beans for..he he

• frankstr

Posted April 19, 2005 - 04:56 AM

I plan on doing that after my stock rotor wears out or I bend it... :naughty:
What did you use for pads..........

• TimBrp

Posted April 19, 2005 - 05:51 AM

I always go back to honda pads for my bike. Same price and they WORK. For the pis-poor performance from our heavy pigs front brake I went with galfer steel braided lines and a full bleed, obviously. The front brakes are much better now. I'll have to try the oversize rotor sometime. Definitely getting a new sharfin when I do though $$. I used Rocky Mountain for that stuff also.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Max Power

Posted April 19, 2005 - 06:36 AM

I plan on doing that after my stock rotor wears out or I bend it... :naughty:
What did you use for pads..........

I used stock Honda pads.

• RingKingPin

Posted May 24, 2005 - 07:27 PM

I've got a 280mm wave rotor (along with a perfect scar on my leg from it--different story) from Barnums. A while back he was having a real blowout sale on them. Drop them a line they may still have them.

• mbrownxrl

Posted May 24, 2005 - 08:31 PM

saw the pixture, I have one of those anodized gold colored brackets in the pile of extra parts my little pig came with... also a bigger disc will have to try to see if they fit?

• Max Power

Posted May 24, 2005 - 08:34 PM

saw the pixture, I have one of those anodized gold colored brackets in the pile of extra parts my little pig came with... also a bigger disc will have to try to see if they fit?

Cool.

• BWB63

Posted May 24, 2005 - 08:41 PM

I went to stainless steel braided Galfer lines thinking that would help with the week Front braking of the pig. I have tried stock, sintered, carbon, and a new rotor but, I still can't do stoppies on the BRP. No problem on the XR400. I think this might be the answer??
Max Power will this pop the back up? I just don't have the balls to hit the front long enough to pop the back up with even the S/S braided line. The front brakes just don't hit hard enough quick enough.

• Max Power

Posted May 24, 2005 - 08:52 PM

I went to stainless steel braided Galfer lines thinking that would help with the week Front braking of the pig. I have tried stock, sintered, carbon, and a new rotor but, I still can't do stoppies on the BRP. No problem on the XR400. I think this might be the answer??
Max Power will this pop the back up? I just don't have the balls to hit the front long enough to pop the back up with even the S/S braided line. The front brakes just don't hit hard enough quick enough.

I think our stoppie problem comes from the fact that the XR650R er I mean 680's are raked way out. Stay tuned. I will post pics. Hopefully not from my hospital bed. :)

• XRoverall

Posted May 25, 2005 - 05:10 AM

I bought an EBC on Ebay yesterday. The guy said he would ship it before end of business last night. If it gets here today I'll have it installed for WCTT this weekend.

Lee

• panaceabeachbum

Posted June 02, 2005 - 08:26 PM

I couldnt find them for the XR650L model...

oh well one less mod to save beans for..he he

There is a 320mm kit for the L

• needsprayer

Posted June 03, 2005 - 06:55 AM

Definitely affordable if I can convince my wife. :)

• ponq

Posted June 03, 2005 - 07:15 AM

Stoppies can be done on the stock set up, though I wish I would have picked up this oversized rotor when I bent my old rotor last month. DOH!

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Would a Young Scott Summers still be Competitive today on an XR600R? What would he ride to be competitive today? by Jayzonk

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  158 replies
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  28 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2016 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2016
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies
Forums
Photo

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 3 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.