Tire Iron question

6 replies to this topic
  • Shorte01

Posted April 18, 2005 - 04:40 PM

Seems somewhat obscure, but I thought I'd take the chance. Has anyone had a problem with the Ty Davis Ultimate tire irons breaking on them? I was changing out my rear tire and had the handle snap off, the metal snapped back, crushing my thumb. I'm now all splinted up with no movement and no feeling in my thumb. Just curious if anyone else had this problem or if I'm just unlucky.

• biznet1

Posted April 18, 2005 - 04:55 PM

Not me. I use two good ole craftsman 1" combination wrenches (don't fit anything I have) with the open end sawed off, and the end rounded, notched, and smoothed.

• sirthumpalot

Posted April 18, 2005 - 05:03 PM

What length are you using? Is it the 17" with the metal handle, or one of the smaller ones with the plastic handle? I've changed a few tires with mine and no problems. You must be really torqing that thing.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • XriderR00

Posted April 18, 2005 - 05:29 PM

You could have a law suit going for you

• Shorte01

Posted April 18, 2005 - 07:10 PM

It was the smaller one with the plastic handle. Turns out the damn thing only goes less than 3/4 of an inch into the plastic handle. Pretty poor design if you ask me. Anyone think I could get the company to send me a new set to replace it?

• biznet1

Posted April 18, 2005 - 07:23 PM

It was the smaller one with the plastic handle. Turns out the damn thing only goes less than 3/4 of an inch into the plastic handle. Pretty poor design if you ask me. Anyone think I could get the company to send me a new set to replace it?

I believe they would. If you send a non threatening letter, saying that you've "always liked their products" but you seemed to have gotten a defective one, I think they would hook you up.

• yz426onNOS

Posted April 18, 2005 - 07:36 PM

I personally like the small, all metal ones.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • 1 review
  • Last review by Tommyk_55
  • On January 15, 2017
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.