Wholly Sh&t!!!!!

4 replies to this topic
  • kaizer

Posted April 18, 2005 - 01:24 PM

Guys, I bought my 2004 WR450 in Feb of 2004 from Lake Hill Motors in Corinith, Missippi for $5400 OTD. What a deal!! (My way of promoting a great deal, www.lakehillmotors.com :cry: ) Any ways, I used to race when I was a kid, skipped the 250cc 2 smoke class, and the last bike I had was a 1996 CR500R (Didn't race but what a MULE!! :p I kind have this need for speed. :p ) which I carried from Missouri, to California (Bakersfield), to Eagle River, Alaska until I let it go in 1999. :D

I have been reading ThumperTalk.com for about 2 years now and would like thank all of you fellow WR450 riders out there for your free mods and friendly advice. :D

I am not a young pup any more so I thought I would get something a little more manageable to go ride with my two young sons. I will admit that at first I was disappointed with the power of my WR450 :D :D :naughty: . I finally got off of my over worked and busy butt to do all of the mods and then some. :D :naughty: What a hughe difference!! No sh&t!! Those out there that says the free mods are all BS, are full of BS.

Thank you!! :D :D :D

Now, what aftermarket pipe do I need to light this rocket? :D Any suggestions? I am looking towards FMF and there new exhaust line up.

• Gadsen

Posted April 18, 2005 - 02:09 PM

...Now, what aftermarket pipe do I need to light this rocket? :naughty: Any suggestions? I am looking towards FMF and there new exhaust line up.

FMF Powercore4 with the quiet core insert. Be prepared for lots more power! :naughty:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • RB2

Posted April 18, 2005 - 03:53 PM

Glad to hear tht the free mods make that much difference. I just did my 05 but haven,t got a chance to ride yet. Wish I could make a suggestion on the pipe, But I sure that Toyota has made a good one :naughty:

• black_n_blue_thumper

Posted April 18, 2005 - 07:22 PM

Now, what aftermarket pipe do I need to light this rocket? Any suggestions? I am looking towards FMF and there new exhaust line up.

I got the GYTR for my 04 450 and I really really like it. My buddy had the E2 and is not quite as happy, but its pretty nice too. My uncle has the FMF PC4 on his 426, is it very nice as well. I also hear great things about the DR. D system, the only bad thing is that you have to buy the whole system with that one, $$$$.

• tp3dxf

Posted April 18, 2005 - 11:51 PM

I run a Big Gun Quiet system. It's a couple of years old but still keeps the noise down. It also just barely legal at the races. All I can suggest is to get a quiet pipe. These 400/426/450 can make some serious noise!

I did all the free mods and even got a cam. Great power gains. The exhaust system didn't do very much beyond that.

I know it sucks but we must get our bikes as quiet as possible. In the end this is in our best interest.

Believe me I love the roar of a healthy thumper. But I believe great HP can be made without open pipes.

I am not a fan of sound regs but I gotta ride by them here in Cal. Our Shadow will slowly ease it's way east.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.