Knuckle Relief

1 reply to this topic
  • Rob_in_Madison_WI

Posted November 06, 2000 - 04:54 PM

Anyone out there find it a pain to reset the trip odometer after you've racked up major miles on it? My knuckles and wrist kept telling me there must be a better way...

Here's a tip that worked like a champ. Find a 3-4 inch piece of 3/4" tubing (I used a piece of thick clear plastic but garden hose may work too). Push a rubber 3/4" sanding disc mandrel in one end of the hose and attach it to a drill. Slip the other end over the knob on the odometer, pull the knob (with the hose attached to it) away from the odometer so it will adjust mileage, set the drill in reverse and spin away. I took 100 miles off in about 20 seconds.

I offer this suggestion at the risk of someone smarter than I telling me to press this button or do this other thing and instantly reset the odometer. If there is such a feature, I sure haven't found it yet! :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Dave_VanBrocklin

Posted November 06, 2000 - 06:14 PM

Hi Rob,
You just have to hit something hard enough that you break it off, then you don't have to worry about it!!!!.
By the way I live in Cambridge and am always looking for somebody to ride with, We should hook up sometime. I know Clark county bike trails are still open, and Ottawa IL also. I ride black river falls quite a bit, but they are closed for the season.Hope to see ya sometime.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.