Best exhaust tip?

14 replies to this topic
  • sportbiker929

Posted April 18, 2005 - 08:49 AM

Which one is best for the stock can on a 650R?
Thanks Mitch

• justicedone

Posted April 18, 2005 - 09:26 AM

Do you own a XR L or R ?
just curious and will help responses...

I just installed a White Bros E-series and this thing rips azzzzz...so much more power and I am still waiting for my jets to arrive so I can mod carb and install my Uni filter.

with stock filter and jetting runs fine with all discs and has mad power compared to stock.

I think its the best looking pipe available with the Eliptical disc end and its not too long. It did burn a very small hole in fender near end but no problem really and doesnt bug turn signal etc.

• justicedone

Posted April 18, 2005 - 09:28 AM

Oh sorry...I just read post again...and got it MY BAD @%$*#

I think the HRC tip is the most used and recommended as I assume your using the R model and stock exhaust.

Stay away from Big Guns..I have heard a lot of complaints on rivets leaking etc.

• TimBrp

Posted April 18, 2005 - 10:19 AM

Honda HRC tip.

• sportbiker929

Posted April 18, 2005 - 10:35 AM

anyone have the part # for the HRC tip?

• TimBrp

Posted April 18, 2005 - 12:08 PM

Go here: Pig Pen and scroll about halfway down to uncorking. You'll have all you need.

• jason_dempsey

Posted April 18, 2005 - 12:27 PM

call xrs only or log on xrsonly.com

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • jws

Posted April 18, 2005 - 06:09 PM

Which one is best for the stock can on a 650R?
Thanks Mitch

Honda HRC tip :naughty: :D :naughty:

• Weirdo

Posted April 18, 2005 - 06:24 PM

I went into a local Honda dealer (Beach Bvd, Huntington Beach CA.) and the dude quoted me $170 bucks for the HRC tip........... is this correct?

inquiring mind wants to know? :naughty:

• resslera

Posted April 18, 2005 - 06:36 PM

$170 sounds steep but I believe it is close to what a dealer will charge. I got my at www.servicehonda.com for around $100

• qadsan

Posted April 18, 2005 - 06:54 PM

You can find the HRC tips used from time to time here on TT and on eBay. There's a guy on eBay selling bolt on billet tips for $32.50 that 'might' offer similar performance to the HRC tip, but I've not seen or tried one of these to know just how good the quality and or performance is. Maybe someone else here on TT has tried one?

http://cgi.ebay.com/...&category=35596

• mikekay

Posted April 18, 2005 - 07:33 PM

dont forget the 2" hole saw trick-cutting out the original/stock tip. very very very similar results to the $100+ HRC tip. just use lots of WD40 while you saw it out.

The only difference is about 1" of screen. Both are 'blocked' and so a forest ranger wont be able to push his stick down either way.

Of course you will be over the 92 db's with both.

• smashinz2002

Posted April 18, 2005 - 08:16 PM

Get the HRC exhaust tip, cut that spark screen and back baffle plate off, keep the stock headers, drill the airbox, jet it rich with a 180 (below 1000' elev.), run high octane. This setup produces extreme low-end to upper mid-range power, top-end is improved also, but not as drastically.
And stay away from Big Gun pipes!!! They are JUNK!! Even if they did fit right, and didn't fall apart, still, they ruin the awesome power of this bike and are extremely loud for no reason. The resonance is way off, in fact, those pipes never hit a resonance, very very flat and lame power from the big gun pipes. Who do they think they are anyway? Honda engineers? I don't think so.

• XRoverall

Posted April 19, 2005 - 04:38 AM

I bought the billet tip Gadsan referred to on ebay and I also have an HRC with the spark arrestor to compare it to, I prefer the ebay tip. Sounds better, definitely breathes better and not really much louder.

• sportbiker929

Posted April 19, 2005 - 06:21 AM

cool thanks

Related Content

Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  60 replies
Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

• 8 replies
Forums
Photo
Supercross

Supercross Preview 2017 Part 1: Championship Contenders by Chris Cooksey

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  171 replies
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

• Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

• 17 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.