Honda Style front brake line, bracket ideas?

13 replies to this topic
  • simimi

Posted April 18, 2005 - 08:09 AM

Hi all,

Just picked up a new Galfer front line, and want to route it Honda style. What are the options to clamp it to the fork guard? I see the new Carbon fork guards at $99 but hoping for a cheaper solution.

Thanks

Mike

• Guest_BrandonV_*

Posted April 18, 2005 - 08:18 AM

$40 from Lightspeed. I'll be ordering a set myself cause the $30 bracket that I bought from Ride Engineering sucks.
http://www.lightspee...=15&prevstart=0

• grayracer513

Posted April 18, 2005 - 09:48 AM

Brandon,

Does the Lightspeed fork guard use the OEM clamp that holds the hose to the front of the fork near the axle, or does it come with one?

• Guest_BrandonV_*

Posted April 18, 2005 - 09:58 AM

Brandon,

Does the Lightspeed fork guard use the OEM clamp that holds the hose to the front of the fork near the axle, or does it come with one?

I'm not positive, but since their site doesn't specifically say it comes with it I'm going to assume that is not included.

Grayracer,
you got any pics of the front end of your YZ? I'm real curious as to how the stock routing is.

Thanks,
Brandon

• Ga426owner

Posted April 18, 2005 - 10:13 AM

I bought the lightspeed bracket and fork guards - very nice - the oem bracket will work

• oldblue

Posted April 18, 2005 - 11:27 AM

I sell these babies...

Rock solid. Inexpensive. Owned by many a TT member.

Posted Image

• adrian

Posted April 18, 2005 - 01:24 PM

I just bought one from old blue,its awesome and easy to install,heck of a great guy too!!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • simimi

Posted April 18, 2005 - 01:39 PM

OK, so how do I get one of those, and how much?

Mike
or shoot me private email at nozzano22@yahoo.com

• Guest_BrandonV_*

Posted April 18, 2005 - 02:07 PM

I'm interested too. Please PM me with purchase info.

Thanks.

• cowboyona426

Posted April 18, 2005 - 03:11 PM

Definitely go with the oldblue setup! Affordable, well built, and cool looking to boot!

• oldblue

Posted April 18, 2005 - 03:19 PM

I just sent a PM to simimi and BrandonV.

• Jetsprint2

Posted April 19, 2005 - 06:25 AM

I did the same mod with the galfer ss line and cr routing. I built my own clamp using the stock fork guard. I will take a picture tonite and post tomorrow. I think it looks good, it is made out of two small blocks of aluminum with a half and half clamp system that piches the break line so it will not move. By the way my front brake is much better than stock since the ss line was added.

• cowboyona426

Posted April 19, 2005 - 09:54 AM

simimi and BrandonV, if your bikes are 00 models you should also consider swapping the master cylinder for newer Yammie or a Honda unit, the stock 00 M/C blows.

• Guest_BrandonV_*

Posted April 19, 2005 - 12:01 PM

simimi and BrandonV, if your bikes are 00 models you should also consider swapping the master cylinder for newer Yammie or a Honda unit, the stock 00 M/C blows.

Already did. World of difference :naughty:

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.