Air Scoops

3 replies to this topic
  • Motosprtman

Posted April 18, 2005 - 05:57 AM

MY New Baby, 2005 XR650L... what a way cool bike. Anyway... I live up here in the pacific NW wet and cool most all of the year witha few warm days thrown in during the summer time. I wonder the need for those bulky air scoops on the bike that direct air onto the head / motor. Do I need em? I would think that the cooling would be just fine up here without them.

• justicedone

Posted April 18, 2005 - 06:59 AM

Honda engineers are pretty educated I would imagine and they have tested their designs thoroughly before going into production...hence I would leave them put. The bike is air cooled tends to run warm/hot, and even the big aftermarket tanks have designs that emulate the stock wings.

I live in San Diego where the average temp is around 70-75 and I wouldnt remove mine to risk burning up my motor little by little without knowing the damage your causing.

Better off removing the smog and TV set on the rear fender then piping jetting and adding a Uni.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • XR650L_Dave

Posted April 18, 2005 - 08:47 AM

Well, you can always get a thermometer dipstick and experiment- I showed a pretty good temp increase at moderate speeds (20-35mph) when removing mine as a test.

Dave

• Motosprtman

Posted April 18, 2005 - 11:25 AM

Okay They stay! thanks guys!

Related Content

Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  60 replies
Forums
Photo

Which thumper motor for a street tracker? by woz

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • * * * * -
  • Hot  29 replies
Forums
Photo

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

• 3 replies
Wiki
Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L?  Here's how - last post by clc3251

Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L? Here's how

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

• Hot  28 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.