Yamaha YZ450F Valves question

2 replies to this topic
  • bcma86

Posted April 18, 2005 - 04:48 AM

I am interested in buying a yamaha yz450F but have a few questions first. I just sold a 04 Honda CRF250R and it ate valves like crazy. I changed the oil and oil filter every other ride. I cleaned the air filter after every ride.But the valve problem was awful. So how are the valves on the 450's? Are they anywhere as bad as the ones on the Honda 250's?I know the valves have to be kept in spec but how often do these need to be checked. On my 250f it seems that I was having valve problems about every other ride.Needless to say I was very unhappy with the Honda bike.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Ga426owner

Posted April 18, 2005 - 05:19 AM

No the valves in the 450 YZF are much more durable than the honda valve system - adj after break in and go ride - :naughty:

• don319

Posted April 18, 2005 - 06:21 AM

I have a 2000 426, ridden moderately, valves never adjusted, STILL in spec. 2002 WR426, about 800 miles woods and hills, valves never adjusted, STILL in spec. I don't see how any Honda owner would put up with the crappy valve design on the Hondas.

Related Content

yz400f throttle bog by yz400fmaniac

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  28 replies

Need help by Goforaride

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  68 replies

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

Is the 2016 GYTR Yamaha YZ450F too fast? by Fryboy

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • * - - - -
  • Hot  241 replies

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.