Ticking noise at Idle but runs great...? WR400

1 reply to this topic
  • joecallan

Posted April 17, 2005 - 11:02 PM

I have a light ticking noise at Idle that I don't remember my WR400 having. I just got through lapping the valves, putting in new rings, and adjusting the valves ( I checked them like 4 times over to make sure they're good). It idles perrrfect and starts like new - when cold and warm. And it has great power too.

What is it... anybody? :naughty:

Just wondering if it's a sign from the moto devil. :D

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ALM71

Posted May 11, 2005 - 04:22 PM

After 2500 tight trail miles, my '98 WR400 needed a big end rod bearing replacement. Take your flywheel cover off, and rotate the flywheel back and forth by hand and see if you can feel any play. I could feel the play in mine.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.