Loose Kickstart Lever

1 reply to this topic
  • wkloiber

Posted April 17, 2005 - 06:35 PM

The swingout kickstart lever on my 00' WR400F is loose and occasionally swings out while I'm cornering hard. What are my options and where can I get a replacement lever if this is something that cannot be fixed with simple hand tools? Also, is this a common problem on WR400s?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 5valve

Posted April 18, 2005 - 08:46 AM

i have removed mine for inspection
absolutely new ball was needed (took it out of some bearing)
maybe your ball spring needs a bit of stretching, to help keeping lever in position

kind of I also need some job done on lever itself, since it has free play, when mounted on the rod, but is still stuck firmly by the ball
I can see inner hole in the lever is slightly overused from rotation, wich was done by the top edge of the rod
I hope alu welder can reach that deep to put some material on that area, and my work would be making nice cylindrical hole again

has anyone attempted this, is it possible to reach that deep in narrow area with welding machine?

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.