carb adjustements

1 reply to this topic
  • rgd420

Posted April 17, 2005 - 02:05 PM

hey guys i had a @#$#@#$ of poping on decel and rev up with a terrible bog off bottom with crappy idle,, so i turned the fuel screw out, it's at about 3 turns,, im leary to go any more than that ,, that cleared up a good portion of the popping,, and this thing has an {fmf} i believe--- header back system,loud as balls,, i {think}? this could have to do with some popping ,, and it didnt have a clamp on the header and silencer union,, so i put on a small hose clamp and that cleared alot more popping up ,, seems to run and idle well now,,
is there a quick fix to the instant throttle bog?,, i know its common,, is this from a lean or rich condition? i know when i richened up the fuel screw it helped out,, or changing needle positions? and 2-1/2 to 3 screws out is that to much,, i know ive read over a certain point go up to the next pilot jet,,anywhere else in the rmp range the throttle is crisp{ or so i think} just right off the very bottom i ahve that little bog
but my thing is as soon as i find a stock or {quieter} exhaust for semi cheap im getting it so i dont want to rejet 2 times,,, thanks for the help

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • fattyaf83

Posted April 18, 2005 - 02:13 AM

My bike is the same. I have the Dr.D setup and thats it. Last season I found my idol to be up and down, it never stayed consistant. I took my carb aprart and found that the gasket that is between slide and the slide plate was gone. So during the off season I ordered a new gasket and found a pipe setup also. Well I just tried to fire it up and I still can't get it to idle well (it pops every so often). It seems that once I fire it up I can adjust the idle to where is should be, but as soon as I give it throttle it revs up way high and won't come down. I tried to tool around the yard and found that if I give it a little gas to go the revs will start to clime to about 10 mph, but if I just let the clutch out the idol will be normal but I will only make it a few feet until the bike dies. I have all stock jets except for the main- 165 and the needle is at two from the top. Fuel screw is 1.5 out.

Related Content

yz400f throttle bog by yz400fmaniac

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  28 replies

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

• 0 replies

Need help by Goforaride

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  68 replies

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.