Clarke Tank Installation XR650L ???

3 replies to this topic
  • CrashDBad

Posted April 17, 2005 - 11:13 AM

I have an older clarke tank I bought on ebay ($11 shipped!) but it didn't have any of the hardware. I ordered all the parts from clarke, which included: longer bolt and spacer, cap, rod and petcock adapter. My quesion is with the adapter. It mounts to the plastic tank via 2 screws.There is an O-ring that came with the kit.

Is the o-ring used to mate the petcock adapter plate to the plastic tank or is used between the petcock adapter. There was a homeade uinversal petock that was glued on to the tank with a blue rtv type material.

When you buy the tank new, is the petcock adapter already on the tank? Is there a gasket or seal? I used the O-ring between the tank and adapter, but there is nowhere for it to seat.

Any Suggestions?

Rick

• Hayden

Posted April 17, 2005 - 05:12 PM

I just bought a 4.7. The tank had the metal piece already on the tank, held there by 2 screws. The petcock off the original tank just screwed right on to the new Clarke. I used the gasket off the old tank which I believe (If I remember right) sets down inside the petcock then seals against the bottom of the threads on the new tank. Does that help??

Hayden

94 L

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • CrashDBad

Posted April 17, 2005 - 06:38 PM

I am not sure yet. The word I got on the other forums was the o-ring that came with the mounting kit is for bewteen the plate and tank. i have it installed that way now and it hasn't leaked, but looks a bit dodgy. I may try a gasloine proof sealent to seal it.

• MrShred

Posted April 17, 2005 - 09:06 PM

Did you check the Clarke website for installation instructions?

Related Content

Forums
Photo
Washington

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies
Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 7 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2016 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2016
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  28 replies
Wiki
Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L?  Here's how - last post by clc3251

Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L? Here's how

Articles
  • 0 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.