Skid Plate Recommendations

25 replies to this topic
  • Dan_from_HB

Posted April 19, 2005 - 07:36 PM

I went with the white brothers skid plate. It fits perfectly and is heavy duty.
Only problem is they FORGOT the oil drain hole. My jig saw kept kicking back at me while cutting it out which made it a royal PITA.
Be sure I will be calling my parts guy and get him on the phone with WB tomorrow.

I have a WB. Works great, saved many broken engine parts. It's heavy and has good outboard protection. I did manage to hit a huge rock hard enough to push the plate back into the left side cover once. Bent it back and it's fine ever since.
They remembered the hole in mine, but it's useless, anyway. Oil misses the hole and makes a lake inside the plate. I just remove it for oil changes every ride. It's easy enough.

• jayled

Posted April 20, 2005 - 02:58 AM

I'll find out tomorrow when I do my 2 mile oil change...

I never trust what the dealer puts in it.

The coolant is going bye bye too.

• oddtodd

Posted April 20, 2005 - 04:04 AM

I use a scotts. Well build and fit was great.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • AxemanLv

Posted April 20, 2005 - 10:47 AM

I run the Utah Cycle Sport on my WR400, and the GYT-R on my 04 WR450, both are great, in fact they look the same except for the GYT-R stamp.

Matty :naughty:

• BEAN329

Posted April 26, 2005 - 07:25 PM

works connection

• bandit99

Posted April 27, 2005 - 07:37 AM

The Utah skid plate looks good. Carbon Fiber is ok for the motocross track but for hardcore rocks and bottoming out I would go with an aluminum skid plate. I have a moose plate and it is strong, bolted right on, does not magnify engine noise and protects the water pump. It may weigh a bit more but the protection is worth it.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.