How Does that Krylon Spray Paint work?¿?

11 replies to this topic
  • TT-R125

Posted April 17, 2005 - 07:04 AM

i was wondering how that krlon spray paint for plastic work?B/c i was thinkin about doin it to my front fender does it chip off? will it look like crap?
Thanks for your help

• 125shifter

Posted April 17, 2005 - 07:22 AM

Why don't you just get some and try it, post pics, etc. and let us all know!

• XRIowa

Posted April 17, 2005 - 07:27 AM

I used it on my side panels and yes it does scratch of pretty easy but it was super easy to touch up. If it was me I would just buy a black fender you are looking at under 20 bucks and the Krylon plastic paint is right around 7 bucks a can.

• Skinsfan6

Posted April 17, 2005 - 08:54 AM

I painted my handguards with it, it looks great. It will come off it you hit it, but its so easy to just put another coat on you don't really care.

• TT-R125

Posted April 17, 2005 - 09:01 AM

would it work better if i got some like primer put that down first the the black spray paint? Do they make front and rear black fenders for a ttr125?

• MindBlower

Posted April 17, 2005 - 10:05 AM

Prep is EVERYTHING with paint. Rough up the plastic so it has something to grab onto.
Yeh, black fenders and sidepanels are cheap.

And the gas tank is $250......................

• twoblackbelts

Posted April 17, 2005 - 10:40 AM

Comes off too easy. Not worth it, IMHO.

Got to eBay and get one for 10 bucks.

• TT-R125

Posted April 17, 2005 - 10:41 AM

mindblower they make black fenders and side panels for a ttr125?

• YamahaGuy

Posted April 17, 2005 - 12:19 PM

Ohh i want black plastic for my tt!

• 99wr400

Posted April 17, 2005 - 12:35 PM

spray paint falls off too easy, flex the plastic and it will come right off. buy the black plastics and save yourself money in the long run.

• Slowmotion426

Posted April 18, 2005 - 01:44 AM

Buy the plastic...

• flyinguitars

Posted April 18, 2005 - 06:08 AM

Here is a pic of my bike:
Posted Image

I use the white Krylon fusion paint.

If you prep the plastic right, the paint will look like brand new plastic. It takes some patience, but if you prep it with 400 grit sand paper and shoot about 3 coats (with ample dry time in between), the plastic looks like brand new.

My side plates, disc cover, lower fork guards, and front number plate are all white....probably about 70.00 worth of plastic. I get a can of fusion (about 5 bucks) some 100, 200, and 400 grit paper and spend a night prepping the plastic, and then about 5 minutes a day for the next 3 days shooting 1 coat of paint a day on the parts. I let them dry for a day or two before handling. The end result is brand new, you never would know its painted, parts. The fusion paint has a thick, glossy, plastic looking finish that holds up really well. Its probably about 70.00 worth of work with all the time it takes.....but if you have a few hours and enjoy painting, its worth it.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

team maico! by NCSteve

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • 7 replies
Forums
Photo

Can't make my mind up...xr650L to KTM 690r by 09BigRed

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Dual-Sport/Adventure
  • Hot  24 replies
Forums
Photo

Yz250 crank shaft flywheel stripped problem! by jacob_buttery

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 2 replies
Forums
Photo

Building a Dirt Bike by htimsrolyat

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  44 replies
Forums
Photo

New 2014 by MartyMOOSE

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   WR/YZ 250F
  • Hot  29 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

RegisterSign InClose
If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.