Xr 650L Dual sport tires

6 replies to this topic
  • BOBCRF450

Posted April 17, 2005 - 06:47 AM

Hello I'm looking for some recommendations on a good set of dual sport tires.I'll be riding 80-90% street so I would like a tire that is better on the street but on occasion hit a dirt road here and there.

• roadcam

Posted April 17, 2005 - 08:26 AM

Dunlop 606

• justicedone

Posted April 18, 2005 - 07:02 AM

I would say the Dunlop as well, I just put on the Teraflex but its mostly for dirt, sand and rocks.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • freekr

Posted April 20, 2005 - 09:20 AM

Bob-
Try a set of IRC GP110's--They have all the street performance you can ride(they are AWESOME)and their suprisely a very good DRY dirt tire. Also very quite,durable(3k-5k miles approx),and give great gas milage. Hope this helps--Good Riden

• XR-Det

Posted April 20, 2005 - 09:24 AM

I've got the D606 front and rear. While I would say the rear works great for me on and off road the front sucks on the road. Everything past 55mph and my front starts slinging. Interstate 65+ and it gets too scary for me :naughty:

Det

• scottmx81

Posted April 20, 2005 - 01:33 PM

I have a Pirelli MT 40 rear on my XR650L. Haven't had any problems with it, mostly driving on the street with some light off road riding in between. I was wondering what others thought of this tire as there is very little mention of it online.

• honkylips

Posted April 20, 2005 - 04:30 PM

I've got some Kendra 270's that are like new for sale. They are perfect for what you're looking for. I ended up going with a set of supermoto rims/tires for my street riding, so i no longer have the need for dual sport tires. Let me know if youre interested.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.