Rear brake modifications

5 replies to this topic
  • Dingo151

Posted April 16, 2005 - 07:39 PM

Hey,

Has anyone ever tried to make their rear brake less sensitive on a WR 426? Mine seems to be like a light switch either it's off or locked up. Everything is stock and the pads are still good so I'm at a loss as to what I could do to change it.

Thanks
Dean

• RichBaker

Posted April 18, 2005 - 03:39 PM

Put a little air in it.....

• Indy_WR450

Posted April 18, 2005 - 06:02 PM

Ditto! I do the same thing on my WR and R1. Mushy up the brakes but still allow it to lock up at full stroke. :naughty:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Chris_from_Oz

Posted April 19, 2005 - 06:41 AM

Hey,

Has anyone ever tried to make their rear brake less sensitive on a WR 426? Mine seems to be like a light switch either it's off or locked up. Everything is stock and the pads are still good so I'm at a loss as to what I could do to change it.

Thanks
Dean

Might seem to be an unrelated question, but what boots do you wear on your WR?

• Dingo151

Posted April 19, 2005 - 09:18 PM

I've got a set of MSR boots

Dean

• Chris_from_Oz

Posted April 20, 2005 - 02:23 AM

I've got a set of MSR boots

Dean

OK. The reason I ask, is that with my Fox Forma Pro's, I have the same situation. No feeling through the soles means my rear brake is either not on, or locked up. :naughty: I've tried other boots, so I know it's them, not a problem with the bike. Initially, I changed to SBS brake pads, still the same.....

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.