03 Yz450f

3 replies to this topic
  • davelowefmx

Posted April 16, 2005 - 10:42 AM

I might be trading my 04 KX250F for an 03 YZ450F so I wanted to find some things out before I get one. I've rode an 05 YZ450f and liked it a lot, did they changed much from 03 to 05 or do they run close to the same? Another thing are there any known problems with these bikes or this particular year I should know about or are they holding up pretty good? I would appreciate any help or info on this bike. I've never heard a bad thing about these bikes and from what I know the reliabilty is great but I'd just like to make sure.

• Jetsprint2

Posted April 16, 2005 - 01:32 PM

They are bullet proof when it comes to dependability, take care of it and you will have no real problems. Hopefully the previous owner was good to the bike. The 03' has a major hit in the excelleration compared to the 05'. Other than that you should be happy with it. :naughty:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • RAD

Posted April 19, 2005 - 06:39 AM

I would get the clutch cable mout off an 04 it solves a clutch issue. I'm not sure if you will need a cable off an 04 or not but I kind of doubt it.

Part number 8 in the picture off an 04 changes the routing.

I am not sure if you will need this part either but you can check it out.
Number 20 in this picture.

• YuccaThumper

Posted April 19, 2005 - 09:18 AM

I have never had a problem what so ever. Owned it for well over a year. I do all the maintenance to it and change the oil regularly.

Related Content

yz400f throttle bog by yz400fmaniac

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  28 replies

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

Is the 2016 GYTR Yamaha YZ450F too fast? by Fryboy

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • * - - - -
  • Hot  241 replies

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.