Replacement battery 2002 DRZ400E

5 replies to this topic
  • metallstick

Posted April 16, 2005 - 09:01 AM

The battery is dead and in need of replacement. Stealers want $120 to replace. Anyone have a recommendation for a replacement other than OEM ?

MIke c

• Imitheos

Posted April 16, 2005 - 10:48 AM

The battery is dead and in need of replacement. Stealers want $120 to replace. Anyone have a recommendation for a replacement other than OEM ?

MIke c

The original battery is YT7B-BS according to the Yuasa site.
It is 6.5Ah capacity and has dimensions 150mm x 65mm x 93mm

It is $100.76 in the TT store catalog so you don't save much.

However, there are other brands of batteries in the catalog and also mentions the yuasa
equivalent.
Any battery which fits these dimensions and is 6.5-7Ah is good i guess.

Rockymountain has a "Moto Power N/M Battery PART# CT7B4A" for $39.99
Also, Noble mentioned in a previous post that Chaparral has a
"P/N LV01-321 Sealed battery WP7B-4 replacement for GS brand GT7B-4" for $31.99
I don't know if the price is still the same.

( http://www.thumperta...ad.php?t=209277 )
This is the url of the post.

I hope i helped.

• Noble

Posted April 16, 2005 - 12:14 PM

Price is still the same, but I was not very impressed with the battery. Looked great but had no cranking capacity. Bad battery or representative of the breed?? - I don't know. I sent it back. I put the 5 year old GS brand battery back into servce and will order something else.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • arkie6

Posted April 16, 2005 - 03:21 PM

www.mrcycles.com has an OEM battery for $66-$68. Just go to the Suzuki parts section and plug in your model and year. Two models are listed, GT7B-4 GS BATT for $68.34 or YT7B-BS BATTERY for $66.50.

• jdfsau

Posted April 17, 2005 - 05:58 AM

Try this non OEM battery. It has lasted longer than either of the OEM Yuasa (absolute garbage) batteries I had used previously. Beware though. This bike requires that it be used with and Accumate (Optimate) charger or a Battery Tender trickle charger if the bike is not used on almost a daily basis. I have been told that this is because the S model speedometer/computer uses current at all times (even when the bike is stored with the ignition off) and will even drain the battery completely if left alone for an extended period. Repeated full drains are fatal for batteries.

http://www.apexbatte...le-battery.html

IMO The Accumate (AKA Optimate charger) is much more advanced than the Battery Tender. the Optimate is avaiable at www.aerostitch.com.

• Noble

Posted April 17, 2005 - 08:16 AM

Interesting choice. I did not find DRZ400 listed in the application guide and the 12V7L-B is a smaller size. Did you find any published specifications on Cold Cranking Amps?

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Looking at a drz400s and dr650se by lpfm1990

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Suzuki   DR
  • Hot  24 replies
Wiki
Lighten up your DR-Z400S - last post by motoinmoab

Lighten up your DR-Z400S

Wiki Articles
  • 3 replies
Forums
Photo

$2000 for a decent DR-Z 400s...need a reality check!? by sbscale0309

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Suzuki   DR-Z 400
  • Hot  30 replies
Forums
Photo

Need help diagnosing rough idle problem by richdiggins

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Suzuki   DR-Z 400
  • 18 replies
Wiki
Compression & rebound DRZ400 suspension - last post by bmwpowere36m3

Compression & rebound DRZ400 suspension

Wiki Articles
  • 0 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.