Rear footpegs for less than $10...see photo`s..

11 replies to this topic
  • KeithBoyd

Posted April 16, 2005 - 06:28 AM

Buy them at any bicycle shop...they`re the stunt pegs that go onto BMX axles.....all you need is and extension bar for your ratchet and use the existing mountings.....in the case of the left hand peg,keep the chain roller on as it takes on the job as being a spacer(I was able to use the existing bolt).....They may look a bit high but are`nt really a problem at this height for my wife and 10 year old son.....I take 4 or 5 minutes and put them on when I`m taking them out so its not a big problem for me....and aslo they don`t fold....

Works for me...... :naughty:

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

• bork

Posted April 16, 2005 - 08:15 AM

Cool ! I wish I had a 650 . I gotta check my 600 for same set up . What rear tire is that ? Looks wide , DOT ?

• Ciqir

Posted April 16, 2005 - 09:20 AM

That's pretty cool!

Have you gone down with these on? I wonder how they hold up/if they bend or snap off. They've got some dirt on them in the pics but I can't tell if it's because of a scrub.

Looking at them they do remind me of the frame sliders on sportbikes.

• needsprayer

Posted April 16, 2005 - 10:37 AM

Excellent job in seeing the potential of the BMX pegs. Thanks for the pics. :naughty: I am going to get a set off an old bike that is no longer being used for tricks.

• KeithBoyd

Posted April 16, 2005 - 11:09 AM

The tyre is a Dunlop Enduro D907......140x80x18........road legal.....

• KeithBoyd

Posted April 16, 2005 - 12:15 PM

The pegs are just dirty from lying around...I don`t have them on when off road and luckily I have`nt taken a dive with them on road....yet.... :naughty:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Kritter

Posted April 16, 2005 - 12:37 PM

Dont they get in the way when kick starting?

• KeithBoyd

Posted April 16, 2005 - 12:47 PM

No...they don`t get in the way when kickstarting....though you do have to keep you knee out some to aviod a scrape or a ding!!.... :naughty:

• jws

Posted April 17, 2005 - 05:00 PM

Dont they get in the way when kick starting?

that was the first thing i thought of also :naughty: i have the BD pegs and i have to start the bike with the right one up or my leg will make contact. :naughty:

• KeithBoyd

Posted May 18, 2005 - 11:10 AM

Posted Image
Posted Image

• Miker

Posted May 18, 2005 - 11:21 AM

KB that's pretty close!

• KeithBoyd

Posted May 18, 2005 - 11:47 AM

Yeah Miker...you just have to bend your leg out a wee bit or lean the bike over to the left.....its actually better if you stand up on the bike,on the side stand,as its inclined over that little bit more...but for `10 bucks` as you guys say I didn`t think it was too bad...!!!

Related Content

Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 17 replies
Forums
Photo

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies
Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

• Hot  60 replies
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

• Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

• 2 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.