Primary drive sprockets?

5 replies to this topic
  • hurricane jonny

Posted April 15, 2005 - 12:14 PM

Has anyone tried these? I don't expect them to last like Ironman but just how long do they last? :naughty:

• StevePSD

Posted April 15, 2005 - 01:12 PM

I have them on my XR600, using the Primary Drive X-Ring chain as far absolutely no wear and I've put over 500 dirt miles on them. I had to adjust the chain after the first ride, but that's it. So far a great bargain for about $60 for both sprockets and chain.

Another TTer had a bad problem with a Primary Drive chain, but it was not their X-Ring version.

So far so good.

Hope this helps.

• jha07

Posted April 15, 2005 - 01:17 PM

The primary drive sprocket are ok, but their chains are questionable.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • roadcam

Posted April 15, 2005 - 02:35 PM

I think their X-ring chain is very good ... one previous poster had a Primary Drive cheaper version chain break (he blamed the sprocket, but it seemed obvious to me, the chain broke first, wadded up, and naturally broke the countershaft sprocket) ... but, I can break ANYTHING, and I am confident with my Primary Drive chain and both sprockets .. so far, lol ... :naughty:

• big t

Posted April 15, 2005 - 11:51 PM

I have a Primary Drive rear sprocket and Ironman front. They both look about the same as far as wear. For the money you can't beat Primary Drive sprockets.

• hurricane jonny

Posted April 16, 2005 - 04:38 AM

Thanks guys. I think I'll go with the Primary Drive sprockets and DID X Ring chain.

Related Content

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.