coolent out the weep hole in bottom of motor

3 replies to this topic
  • LBMrider27

Posted April 15, 2005 - 10:34 AM

Any body had coolent come out the weep hole under the water pump on their 450. im geussin my water pump shaft or the seals r bad. any one got any ideas?? :naughty:

• Frostbite

Posted April 15, 2005 - 11:42 AM

It's very common. The seal and or the shaft is probably bad. I've replaced mine 2ce in 5 years.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Matt96xr6

Posted April 15, 2005 - 05:10 PM

2 in 5 years? Be sure you replace the bearing also there. That is most likely the cause of 2 seal failures.

Also swap to the dexcool antifreeze. It contains NO silicates like the green stuff. The silicates leave deposits that can eat at the seals.

• Frostbite

Posted April 16, 2005 - 05:24 PM

I replaced the bearing once. :naughty:
How cold can Dexcool get? I ride cold and have tried a lot of coolants. Polaris -52 premix is the only one that doesn't turn to toothpaste overnight so that's what I run.

Related Content

Need help by Goforaride

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  68 replies
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

• 0 replies

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.