exhaust insert

so which insert is the best? i have an 04 wr450 and i ride blm/state lands so it's gotta be quiet. options are the g-ytr straight from yamaha, the promotobillit setup, or the quiet is cool thingy.

what insert do you use, have you used another one, and why do you like the one your using now?

thanks!

I've got the GYT in mine (when riding public land, otherwise its uncorked) and WOULD NOT recommend it. It doesnt fit well, leaks exhaust around it (weird sound due to that) and alot of folks have problems with them falling out. If I had it to do over again I'd go with the PMB insert. I'm probably gonna switch to a PMB soon (unless I can talk the wife into letting me buy a whole pipe lol)

so which insert is the best? i have an 04 wr450 and i ride blm/state lands so it's gotta be quiet. options are the g-ytr straight from yamaha, the promotobillit setup, or the quiet is cool thingy.

what insert do you use, have you used another one, and why do you like the one your using now?

thanks!

Had the GTYR in my 426 and had the PMB in my 450 before I did the PC4. PMB is superior and quality is superior also. :naughty:

I disagree and believe the GYT-R insert is quieter and makes more power. I put the JD jetting kit in my 04 WR450 (blue needle #4 as per instructions for 0-3000 feet) and with the PMB insert, the bike ran rich, popping and jerking at low throttle. I switched back to the GYTR insert and the bike runs much better. I read up on tuned pipes and how if they are properly designed they can flow more than a single tube, and I believe Yamaha put the engineering into this tip. As for falling out, I used a split lockwasher and some medium strength Loctite and have had no problems.

I thought the PMB was making more power because of the increased noise, but I'm back to the GYTR and will keep it in until I replace the pipe.

hth,

Jim