exhaust insert

10 replies to this topic
  • mmi100sguy

Posted April 14, 2005 - 06:10 PM

so which insert is the best? i have an 04 wr450 and i ride blm/state lands so it's gotta be quiet. options are the g-ytr straight from yamaha, the promotobillit setup, or the quiet is cool thingy.

what insert do you use, have you used another one, and why do you like the one your using now?

thanks!

• black_n_blue_thumper

Posted April 14, 2005 - 07:56 PM

I had the GYTR in mine. But I hear the PMB is really the way to go.

• Chevy_Cowboy

Posted April 15, 2005 - 12:57 AM

I've got the GYT in mine (when riding public land, otherwise its uncorked) and WOULD NOT recommend it. It doesnt fit well, leaks exhaust around it (weird sound due to that) and alot of folks have problems with them falling out. If I had it to do over again I'd go with the PMB insert. I'm probably gonna switch to a PMB soon (unless I can talk the wife into letting me buy a whole pipe lol)

• spiceboy

Posted April 15, 2005 - 01:20 AM

I've the quiet is cool insert, had no problems at all with it.
Sounds good too.

• RichBaker

Posted April 15, 2005 - 02:24 PM

Quiet Products insert...it's the best one available...

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Gadsen

Posted April 15, 2005 - 03:18 PM

so which insert is the best? i have an 04 wr450 and i ride blm/state lands so it's gotta be quiet. options are the g-ytr straight from yamaha, the promotobillit setup, or the quiet is cool thingy.

what insert do you use, have you used another one, and why do you like the one your using now?

thanks!

Had the GTYR in my 426 and had the PMB in my 450 before I did the PC4. PMB is superior and quality is superior also. :naughty:

• mmi100sguy

Posted April 15, 2005 - 05:20 PM

cool, thanks very much guys. i think i'll have to go with the pmb setup!

• DeltaT

Posted April 16, 2005 - 02:01 PM

I disagree and believe the GYT-R insert is quieter and makes more power. I put the JD jetting kit in my 04 WR450 (blue needle #4 as per instructions for 0-3000 feet) and with the PMB insert, the bike ran rich, popping and jerking at low throttle. I switched back to the GYTR insert and the bike runs much better. I read up on tuned pipes and how if they are properly designed they can flow more than a single tube, and I believe Yamaha put the engineering into this tip. As for falling out, I used a split lockwasher and some medium strength Loctite and have had no problems.

I thought the PMB was making more power because of the increased noise, but I'm back to the GYTR and will keep it in until I replace the pipe.

hth,

Jim

• mmi100sguy

Posted April 16, 2005 - 04:05 PM

hummm, the only this is i don't have the jd jet kit..... what diffrence would this make?

• billygoat

Posted April 17, 2005 - 09:05 AM

I have heard that AZ will go to a 96db rule when AZ Game and Fish Dept gets the rules sorted out and agreement from AZOHVCoalition and other fed/state agencies. Get yourself something for that pipe. I vote for Quiet Products' insert, that makes 3. You can see it at www.quietiscool.com

• mmi100sguy

Posted April 17, 2005 - 12:01 PM

just picked up my quietiscool insert. VERY NICE. Owner tom is a very cool guy, he even gave me some free maps!

i'm quite pleased.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.