First Oil Change

2 replies to this topic
  • tkorkow

Posted April 14, 2005 - 01:54 PM

I just my first 4 stroke bike a couple of months ago, 2003 YZ 450 f. I've ridden it a couple of times now I need to change the oil, filter, etc. A friend of mine told me to clean an oil screen, but he didn't tell me what to clean it with. Fuel, water, ??

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Ga426owner

Posted April 14, 2005 - 02:23 PM

there is a oil screen/filter element under the headpipe - where the frame splits - I never did clean mine in my 03 as every 426 that I owned prior was clean as a button - it is a pain in the butt to get to and clean...see your manual pg 3-16

• tkorkow

Posted April 14, 2005 - 03:03 PM

Still waiting for manual from local dealer. Ok to just clean with gasoline, right?

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.